In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is your preban a felony?

2 gun2 gun Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
I read a article in thewww.shotgunnews.comshot gun news Feb 3 2003 isue that stated .If you own a PREBAN gun with 3 (evil) features the ATF considers it a felony unless you can prove the features where added before the ban.That means According to the ATF a gun made before the ban with a folding stock,flash hider, bayonet lug,pistol grip,detachable mag, or any combonation of the three even if all the parts where made before the ban is a felony unless you can prove with documentation that the features where added before the ban.

I did'nt post this to upset anyone but to give them the info to check out there selfes

IT"S better to die by fire then serve by force

Comments

• Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing like being guilty until proven innocent. As far as I'm concerned, let them prove I did the alterations after. Last I checked, that is arbitrary. If it were me, I would be definitely fighting them (the BATFags, I mean).

Scare tactics... that's all they are.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    To my knowledge no one has been brought to justice over this issue. It is an un enforceable law. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like MOST of the STUPID gun laws. This one will only be used against someone AFTER they commit a crime. Just something else to add to the charges against the "criminal". Or when they break into the wrong house, shoot an innocent person and then find one of these guns. Then they can weasel their way out of some of the trouble, claiming the dead guy had an illegal firearm.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't be too sure about that, pickenup. The ATF is nothing short of a band of Jack-Booted Thugs, and it's their duty to disarm as many people as they can get away with, without having the people at large turn on their Gestapo-parallel organization. Randy Weaver could tell you about this.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunphreak;
    While I totally agree with you on the ATF. And Granted there are the exceptions, where they ARE actively going after certain people. For the most part, these people were doing something that caught the JBT's "attention". Not saying if Randy was right or wrong here. But I do not think he was a prime example of the "average" citizen. So far they are not using these laws, and going door to door to disarm people....YET.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 2 gun
    I read a article in thewww.shotgunnews.comshot gun news Feb 3 2003 isue that stated...

if they are going to convict on that they will have to throw everybody on gunbroker in the slam!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They would if they thought no one would notice, I'm sure.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    mikewilczynskimikewilczynski Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i believe that according the the 1994 legislation the burden of proof rests with the feds.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In their eyes, it is the other way around. Why? Because to them you are GUILTY until proven innocent (and even then, you may find yourself guilty of something)

Death to Tyrants!!!