In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ATF and Patriot act ban model rocket engines

muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
Anybody seen this?Where is it going to stop?Gunpowder for reloaders?Live Ammunition?
Damn,I thought I had the link to the story.It was on CNBC.I'm gonna look around for it.

Muggster

Muggster

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks pickenup.
    The story you posted is a little more informative than the CNBC one I reffered to,namly the part about the blackpowder for antique guns being on the ATF's list.Now I'm sure that the kind of powder that reloaders use must also be on this"LIST".I'm figuring this is just a massive framework being built thats sole purpose is the eventual banning of ammunition.They have figured out "don't ban guns,ban bullets"We all need to keep an eye on this or they are gonna pull the rug from under our feet.All that ammo everybody has stored up aint gonna last forever.

Muggster
  • Options
    10-4110-41 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have their toe in the door. Once the whole foot is in place look out. I'm sure there will come a time when you get carded(DL#) for primers and powder. One thing is for shure..........It's not going to get any better.[:(!]
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    You must be referring to High Power Rocketry engines, and no, they are not banned. They (still) require your certificate to purchase, or reload certain HP rocket motors, but I don't share your slightly paranoid view on reloading powders. If I did; I'd probably go buy another 8 pounder of RE22.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RE15 fer mee!!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.