In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is this true????

rocktonrockton Member Posts: 551 ✭✭✭
I have been informed that Charlton Heston appeared at the Columbine High School in Colorado shortly after the terrible tragedy to promote the NRA.

Can anyone confirm this is true or not true?

Thanks

Rockton

Comments

• Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    False. The NRA annual meeting was held in Denver shortly after the shooting. Too late to reschedule.

People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.
  • rocktonrockton Member Posts: 551 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did not refer to the annual meeting.

Rockton
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [V]Terrible Tragedy? The fact: We Allow promotion of Alcohol to youth is an even bigger tragedy. How many young adults die each year from Drinking/Driving? Now! That is a TRAGEDY![:(]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Ronnie...

We advocate sports like say, swimming and horseback riding and all sorts of other goodies like that, too, but you never hear about the number of people who drown (more than are shot I might add), or other wise injured (not quite as many as drowning), but yet we get out panties in a wad every time some 16 yr old has a gun in his hand hunting with his dad. I don't get it....

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Heston never appeared at Columbine before, during or after those two bent heads went on their publicity tour.
    That being said; did you know that more children (14 & younger) drown in 5-gallon buckets than are shot?
    Didja know that more people die from "nosecomial infection" than are shot? (Nosecomial infection is one that a person catches while in a hospital)
    Didja know that more people have died in the Iraqi Freedom war than have been shot in NM this year?(and that's just the friendly fire casualties!)
    Enough statistics- What makes you think that Heston/NRA et al would be so stupidly insensitive as to go recruit at Columbine, anyway?!
    When reading "news" on the web; I use the filter of common sense, and then I give it the smell test-this rumor is so bad it reeks.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About that drowning part, gunnnut, I think I said something about that,so at least I'm not the only one who knows that.

Yeah, me too. Smell test.. that's pretty good.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.