In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone know Canadian ownership laws?

GibGib Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Im looking at picking up my first handgun after a bit of research, but i understand it's extremly difficult to legally own a handgun in Canada. Does anyone know the exact details of what is involved?

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last I checked, handguns are totally illegal for the subjects of Canada. Bottom line is they were rounded up and that's all. I may be wrong about that, but that was the word from some people I knew from Canada that are now seeking citizenship here and renouncing citizenship from the Republik of Kanada

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak

Edited by - gunphreak on 07/01/2002 02:50:41
  • Options
    Doc McCoyDoc McCoy Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope youre wrong ! Handguns are legal to own in Canada , i should know , my safe is full of them !

[8D]
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, you know, when I asked them again after finding something about that, CERTAIN ones are banned. They do incorporate a compulsory registration, and as far as that is concerned, there is lots of resistance on the part of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Quebec about it, too.

We here in the states could learn a lot from them....

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.