In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question for FFL holders.

restivo51restivo51 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
Can you tell me of any cases where you feel the BATF has taken your privacy away? I am seriously considering getting one but I fear the clause that allows agents into my home at any time. Is this common or more of a formality? Advice is appreciated..

Jeff

Comments

• EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    Since you mention your home, are you talking about an 01 FFL (Dealer) or an 03 FFL (Curio & Relic)?
  • restivo51restivo51 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry 01 FFL Sales taking place from my home.
  • pat1pat1 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best way to keep them out of your house is to put up a small
    building on your property, and do business out of it. What state are
    you in?
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SIR: From my perspective; One of the worst things an American Citizen should do at this time; Licensing ones self to the ATF is not prudent thinking. (It's like walking on Rice Paper) it's impossible to do and leave no foot print.

Think of it this way: A Government Enity, one which finds the neccessity to Lie, entrap, and constantly establish New Rules, (Conflicting Rules which can be interputed by 1 ATF Agent which says "Go AHead", and the next one trying to lock you up for what the first one told you too do). And you had best get a "Federal Criminal Codes Book" because that is the one you will be subject too. Not knowing who is going to come through the door at any given time and for no obvious reason. Remember: These people are not Paid to help you = They are paid to Prosicute you! And if you have never seen 10 men together, and all 10 will lie, then you haven't experienced the ATF. They consider every Gun Owner their Subject and every FFL holder a potential Criminal.

But Sir: Do what you think best. I would tell you this (Confuscious) "If 5 Knowledgable people tell you "It's raining outside"; then get your raincoat.

"Democracy is not Self Sustaining"

Ronnie G. Perkins