In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New to Texas

RobinLauRobinLau Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
I just moved to Austin from NY and would like to know the regulations regarding the purchase and ownership of a rifle, handgun or shotgun in the Great state of Texas. I was told that a license was not necessary to own a rifle or a shotgun. Is this correct and if so does this apply to handguns as well? Do I need a conceal handgun license even if i don't want to carry it out of my residence, except for target? Can my son who is 19 purchase a rifle, shotgun or handgun in Texas? IS there a site where I can review the regulations regarding the purchase and ownership of either a rifle, handgun or shotgun?

Thanks

Robin

Comments

• Options
    nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe www.packing.org is the site with all the concealed carry information for you. As for your son, he can purchase a rifle or shotgun at 18 but I believe a pistol purchaser must be 21.
  • Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    New to TEXAS, I have found Texans to be proud, decisive, friendly. Texans have maintained their independence as no other state. I would say: Texas is an "ATTITUDE", actually an Attitude I find Refreshing. From Blue Bonnets to signs stating: "Don't mess with Texas". And let's not forget; Texans are appreciative, like they thought I personally helped them win their Fight for Independence, Texans make a Kentucky Boy feel right at home, but then again, they proably treat everyone that way. I can say this for a fact: Many people like to refer to themselves as Texans, But if you wasn't lucky enough to be born a Texan, you can never truly be a Texan. So, Yankee Type Person: Get yourself a Texas attitude, you will never regret it. [:D](PS: Practice saying "HOWDY" & "Yah Awl").

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man...are you in for a shock. Just wander into any gun store and strike up a conversation with the owner/clerk...they'll let you know you have escaped from the People's Republik of New York and joined the real world. I live in Louisiana (just next door to Texas) and have friends and family that live in Texas. Great folks, great state, great attitude, and they firmly believe in their 2nd Amendment rights! Glad to have you for a neighbor.

An armed society is a polite society.