In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ronnie Perkins

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
Ronnie: please consider this post from a friend but one who has had a few buddy weisers. I have carefully read your posts and think I understand your explanation of how the ATF entrapped you. And from your posts I think you are mad as he** and would like to get revenge on those who screwed you around. I feel for you, don't blame you and would do the same if in your shoes. But you have GOT to find a better way to get back at them. I mean, for god's sake, Saddam H. of Iraq had a whole country at his command and the army that went with it and look what happen to him. So lower your sights and find a "doable" way. For example, I and I think many others are starting to feel that the government is way, way to free in labeling someone a "felon" and then saying that automatically since they are a felon they lose certain parts of the US Bill of Rights such as the right to vote or own or even associate with gun owners. You are a smart person with a lot of energy. Find some way to change this overly restrictive law. Get a law passed stating that non-violent felons don't have to lose ANY rights guaranteed by the US Constitution. Or just do anything you believe in that is actually "doable". This will be the best revenge for you that you can hope to achieve.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.

Comments

• IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tr fox: This is not directed at you I just posted this in another topic before I saw this one. Please dont take offense because, none is meant. Oh, and I too have had a few of the buddy weisers only mine are of the "light" variety.[:D]

What part of "shall not be infringed" do we all not understand? You convict a man of a crime, tell him that this is what must be done for him to return to or, to redeem himself in society's eyes then, he is branded with the scarlet letter (felon) for life!! We have laws (not in all but in most states) that if kill someone your life, may well be taken in return. These laws rarely are followed. Someone takes a life and they get off (because they really don't want the violent ones in jail)(they would much rather have them running the streets so they can commit more crimes and justify MORE LAWS!) or payoff those in the court system. These people then get out and kill again and everyone is yelling about this felon getting out and how we need this law and that law. WE DO NOT NEED ANYMORE FREAKING LAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the old west if, you where in jail and you served your time you where let out and they gave you your gun on your way out! In the old west if you killed someone and they could catch you, you hung from a rope, sometimes before you even went to court. What part of "shall not be infringed" do we all not understand? Words mean things! I have a brother in-law who (in his younger days) committed a crime (against a Pepsi machine) and was made an example of. He served his time (in the freaking state pen) and now can't own a freaking gun!! Dumb move on his part (he used a bat on the machine only after it did not give him his Pepsi) I will admit but, do you really think that he should not be able to own a gun because of this act?? I can't tell you how many times a machine has ripped me off and I felt like doing a hell of a lot more to that darn thing then just beating it with a bat!! I am sorry but this really gets me mad. We wonder why a lot of the felons turn to crime again after they get out. I can tell you that it has not been easy for him to do most things that we don't even think twice about doing. He is a good man and will continue to pay for his crime the rest of his life. I am learning a lot about the way this country used to be and seeing the way it is now just makes me want to puke. There is one law they need to pass. Anyone caught in a lie in D.C. are immediately put to death, no questions asked!!!!! I for one would support that law, hell I would be willing to be the one that throws the switch on the chair. We need to get off the fence folks!
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TR-HUSKER: My Friends; Vengence is not my Motivation, Vengence was not the Motivation which started me down the path from which I became a Felon.

For most of my 58 years; I Languished under "Our Constitution", I lived under the advantages it provided, yet seldom did I support or attend it. I knew of JFK, The Missles of October, The Whitehouse converted into a Bordello, Marylyn Monroes ? Suicide, The Mafia Connection, wanting Havana back. The Set up of Lee Harvey Oswald. I merely voiced my Opinions and shared my Knowledge at those little communions and arguements which arise periodicly. (more a waste of breath than anything else).

Along came "Tricky Dicky", and his Mentor "Dr. Henry Kissenger". Because Nixon knew he could make no viable decisions on his own: Nixion relyed on Henry Kissenger (which could barely speak English). Whichs proves to me "Harry Truman" was right in his understanding of the Jewish power and motivations within the U.S.Government.

I would say: Vietnam was a farce, but in actuality it was "A Pathetic Shame". Few American knew or cared; The Secretary of Defense was a Major Share holder in Ford Motor Company = Thus the M1-51 replaced the M38 and the M38-A1. All the time the Military was instructed to get as many Service People as possible to volunteer for Helicopter Training (which means More Rank, but an extension of service)= HELLO, VIETNAM! At which time Mr. Clinton was Protesting in Moscow and Mr. Bush had joined the Air National Guard (as Bush spent so little time with the Guard, his Flight Status was revoked).

End Product of my reasoning: I doubt I could help with National Affairs, but at the least; I could try and rectify wrongs on a Local Level. WRONG! Who do you think the Local Level learned from?

I guess I should feel lucky that I haven't overdosed, shot myself with an unmarked gun, or had a bad driving accident? But as I have stated: "I consider Myself an AMERICAN CITIZEN", since I cannot respect the Leadership of today, I will return to SQUARE ONE! The Founding Fathers, The Birth of a Nation, and the Philosophy which premoted (an otherwise Chattel) to become a Great Nation, of which kind the World had not Experenced before. But as I see it: We have peaked and are now regressing, suffering from and subject too, the same enigma all Great Societys prior have been Guilty of.

No! TR: My Friend; It is not Vengence which impels me. As it is very difficult to curb my Anger, when something I love, and have always loved has lost its values, Virtue becomes Abstract.

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    OK, Ronnie, what about trying this idea. One which I am hoping to implement. Pick an governmental injustice that is on a local level (city, county, maybe state) and therefore hopefully within your "reach". Pick some injustice not only that you disagree with, (such as not be able to carry a concealed extendible steel baton, etc) but one in which if you were able to get changed, would benefit you directly. That would be accomplishing two good actions at once. Type up a letter describing your protest to the appropriate govt. agency/representative, etc. that has the power to either change things or start the change. Post that letter on this forum asking other members to print and sign the letter. At the bottom of your letter include a paragraph something like "I, the undersigned, did not write this letter, I am very interested in your response". After signing the we would mail the letter to you. You would include all of our letters along with yours and hopefully actually get the serious attention of the receiver of the letter. And maybe instead of being politely ignored you might get some results. Of course we who signed your posted letter would not want to indicate we were not of your city/county/state or our joint efforts would be ignored by the receiver. What do you think?

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
    edited November -1
    Ronnie, here is an idea. To me you come across as a leader looking for a power base in which to operate from. It just occurred to me that there might be one waiting for you all across America: The small gun dealers. If you were to contact most of them with your story of how you were railroaded by the local police and the ATFE, and if they recoginized it could happen to them, perhaps you organize them into an effective political force with you (or your spokesman/woman) as the leader. If for some reason you're are not legally allowed to make such contact, maybe you could do it through another personal friend or relative. Just a thought, because I would love to see some power behind you in regards to implementing your ideas.

edited November -1
    TR: I do appreciate your suggestions; The Problem being: You are on the outside looking in, and still somehow maintain your Optimism. Take a Closer and more Pessimistic examination of the Progressive Situation we are finding ourselves being subject to.

Let me ask a few simple Questions: "DO YOU TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT"?

"HAS YOUR GOVERNMENT BEEN ABOVE BOARD WITH THE PUBLIC ON OCCASIONS SUCH AS: ENRON, SILVERADO, 911, PENSACOLA NAVEL AIRBASE, HALIBURTON, THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, VINCE FOSTER, MARYLYN MONROE, RON BROWN, LEE HARVEY OSWALD, CHAPAQUITIC, THE HARRP PROJECT, BORDER CROSSINGS, WHITE WATER, HILLARYS FINGER PRINTS ON LOST/FOUND FILES, TONY BLAIRS ADVISORS SUICIDE, HOMELAND SECURITY, LIBERA, CHINA, or DAMN NEAR ANYTHING ELSE?"

There are (as of Last Year) 2.75 million Americans in Prison, Many for Adhering to the "UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION". Now! If you do not find our JUSTICE SYSTEM a little lopsided; take off the blinders.

Think back a Couple years; If anyone had even suggested DRUGS in our SCHOOLS = All hell would have broken loose. Now! Junior High as well as Grade School Students are using. Drugs have become so common place, almost as if it is a requirement. Sodomy is not only Legal, but a desirable attribute. Screwing a Friend or Fellow Citizen is Perfectly acceptable, as long as it has to do with Money, "Hey! Its Just Good Business".

So! What will Government do to solve these Problems? Disarm the American Public, Hinder anyone desirous of Opening a Range or Gun Store, and Prosecute anyone Loyal to the Constitution? Make Arbitrary Laws, laws compounding existing Laws, while keeping those Laws confusing and contradictory as well as petty, (such as Flash Suppressor, Bayonet Lug, Hi Capacity, Barrel too short, Barrel too long, grip extending below the stock, and the Infamous Title: "ASSAULT WEAPON".)

Can anyone suggest why State and Federal Prisons are overcrowded? (But not with Politicians) Our Government has been Irresponsible, and is getting worse as the days pass by.

NEXT STOOPID QUESTION: Anyone know of a "Good Lawyer ~ Cheap?" Hummmm, a double contradiction of Terms? [;)]

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    Ronnie: This is an honest question. Do you still have to go to court over that mess or are you through it already?
    edited November -1
    HUSKER: As of this point in time - I am a Convicted Felon, No Guns, No Bows, No Knives (over 3.5") No Pellet Guns, Ammunition, Fireworks, etc.

I do have to go back to Court for Ancillary Hearing (trying to get the repaired or Consignment Guns back to their owners). Next trip to Federal Court will be for my Appeal and if I lose that, I'll have to walk into Prison on 1/2/2004 and spend 5 years and three months.

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    Holy Crap!!! Hell, Idon't know what to say. I doubt I could help but, I am willing. Jeeze that really sucks! Ya just got to love our government! The things they are getting away with are just incredible!
    edited November -1
    Ronnie: I feel for you man. From what I have seen of you through your posts there are any number of politicians I would rather see go to prison instead of you. I probably should keep my mouth shut so as not to risk offending or upsetting you but just by chance maybe my words can offer some hope you haven't thought of. I was an observer of a similiar situation when my daughter's male friend was set up (full details upon request) and was going to prison. I suggested that he spend his time learning some skill (hopefully that will be available to you or at least in the library or by mail) such as heating and cooling, etc. I mentioned that if someone had a skill that had to be learned, they could not be replaced by some guy walking in off the street and so would have value to an employer. I think you mentioned you were 58. I am 61 and of average health. I think if I had to (and I may have to work until age 70 with the way our bills have piled up)I could handle some job such as heating and cooling into my mid-70's. So what I'm saying is that it looks to me like you can still come out of this and survive. Hope I am not sounding like some jerk giving advice when I should just keep my mouth shut. My intentions are good.

edited November -1
    Oh Ronnie, one last thing. I still think you can develope a "power base" by contacting as many small gun shop owners as you can and let them know what happened to you and how it can happen to them. If I was a small gun store owner I would be worried enough to listen to any suggestion you might offer me. Such as forming a nationwide small gunstore owners association, etc. and with you being the organizer you could develop some "clout" that maybe you could use to make your life better or even change some of the problems you have been burdened with. If you are not allowed to do this I guess you could always have a relative front for you. Again, I might not know what I am talking about, but my intentions are good.

edited November -1
    Thanks TR: But I was a Builder when I started the Gun Store. I have been a Union Carpenter, and a residentual & commerical Contractor for sometime. before that - I was a Production Superintendent at a Glass Plant and Machine Shop Foreman. If I have to go to Prison, I will come out a Lawyer (lord help us all). Try this: "I PLEDGE ALLIGENCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS; ONE NATION, UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL" Catchy little ditty, isn't it. [V]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Not that it helps Ronnie,we feel your pain,anguish,etc.I really wish we could help.I been sayin this was comin for a while,the gov't is completly outta control.....but they don't care.Its h**l to watch .When you look simpley at who doesn't spend any time here amoungst our own ranks......if there is anything I can do....let me know.....OK???
    edited November -1
    Ditto, what longhunter said!
    edited November -1
    Ronnie: In view of what happened to you regarding that UPS shipment being delivered to your store, is there any advice you can give us in the event we ever find ourselves in a similar situation?

edited November -1
    I really don't know Gentlemen: What does a person do when against insurmountable odds? But it is a Question poised for all, a question that many will have to answer sooner than later. I really don't have an answer; being only one individual. I could do much better were I "E Pluribus Unum". Until then, I'll fight on, using what little is available to me. The Pen may be Mightier than the Sword? [;)]

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    I was hoping that everyone reading my "POST" would go to "US SEARCH" Criminal Codes Title 18 - Just to see the system they are subject to. Remember! "Ignorance of the Law is no excuse". See if I haven't told you right about the 22 Remington Nylon 66 as being a CenterFire (if nothing else) How about; "Ignorant of Ignorant Laws"?

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    Ronnie, with your job experiences and the shi* you're going through now you know a lot more about life than me and I should be asking you for advice rather than me trying to hand some to you. But even at that, what about this idea to help your situation. I believe (correct me if wrong) that in Jan or Feb. 2004 you will have to face sentencing. Now, if you had that "power base" I have mentioned several times and that "power base" spoke to the court on your behalf (or how ever you wanted to use that power base) maybe the court would realize that many, many people are watching and would be very, very careful how they treated you. If you like the idea so far then what about this on how to get that "power base". It may be a goofey idea but it would be cheap to implement and who can say it wouldn't help.

Send a letter to every gun dealer in your state (KY I think) and briefy mention your entrapment and encourage them to log onto GB.com, the gun rights section and look for your topic posting explaining in detail how you were railroaded. And mention how it could happen to them. You might, just might get a significent number of them to put out some effort to help you or at least give you public support. If they offer the effort have your lawyer decide how to best use their good intentions. Long shot but cheap to try and could help. Best wishes to you.

edited November -1
    No Sir TR: I have already been sentenced. Federal Judge - Honorable Joseph M. Hood, gave me an excess amount of time free on Probation = 5.5 months while I Appeal. The Prosecution has a Problem with that, they want my Probation Recended (whereas I will go to the Federal Prison emed.)
    They are talking 5 years and 3 months.

By the Way: I went into the Florida State Licensing site, (all CCW and Gun Sales are supposed to be licensed through the State). There is no "Class Three Distributers and Police Supply Inc." Known in the State of Florida, Showing as a Corporation in the State of Florida, or Licensed to sale firearms in the State of Florida".

So now, I will have to find the Laws Pertaning to "Placing a Witness on the Stand in a Federal Case, claiming to be someone he is not, and testifying to have a "Gun Store" which he does not.

Thomas Jeffersons Closing to "The Declaration of Independence":

"--and for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of the Devine Providence, we mutually pledge to eachother our Lives, our Fortunes, and Our Sacred Honour."

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    Ronnie: I am sorry to hear that. But I think you could still use a powerbase that would have reason to expend time, effort and money to work in their own best interest and while doing so hopefully work in your interest. And in that regard I have to think that all the hundreds of independent gun dealers, expecially in your state and also in in FLA. would think that if it happened to you it could happen to them. In fact I am surprised there is not already a nationwide association of small gun dealers to help with a situation like this. I was one of three key players in getting a union started where I work and it has improved the lives, income, benefits and working conditions of everyone. Which has also improved the lives of their families. What the small dealers need is some kind of "union" type organization. I hate to put it this way but if it goes as bad as you say you will have a lot of time to organize such a union. Hell, if you need to buy stamps for postage or stationary, send me your address where you have to report to and I will send what I can. And if you are able to organize such a group and thereby get some power and "clout" that could be your best revenge.

edited November -1
    TR: I do have concern for myself, but my concern for My City, County, State, and Country, far exceed my concern for myself. (I would guess that my Postings prove my lack of concern for Self).

How did I become "Robinhood"? I think it began when I was about 9 years old. My Family lived in the Country until I was 5 years old, we moved to town about the time I was to begin school.

I was a really good kid, I had no meaness or cruelty in me, I liked making people laugh and loved being around my elders. I looked forward to the day I became a Man, and could hardly wait to grow up. I loved my Grandmother very much and felt no distain for her in anyway, but still I felt Pity for the chickens when she wrung their necks. I missed the Farm very much, and at about 12 years of age, I would walk through the woods and pastures, the seven miles to the Farm, and did so many a time afterwards.

But as I was saying: At about 9 years of age, I was subject to a group of City Boys, and in all honesty; was terribly scared of them. They were completely different than I, as for their demeanor and their bullying others, such as myself. Many a time I watched from a distance, afraid to approach them or be trapped between our house and the Little Market about two blocks away. I would go to extremes to avoid them, I dreaded the times; inevitable, that I would be sent to the store.

I think there are People (Children or Adults) that must come to terms with their fears, there are those which refuse to live in fear and must master it. I did not know it at the time, but I was of that kind. Sometime in the process, it came to me; "If I could not find the Strengh within myself, to do for myself, I would do it for the smaller, less capable, even for the next person which the Bullies would encounter. So it goes, the internal struggle was over, now the external began. I arose the next morning, grit teeth and a determined heart, I ventured forward; as if there was a job that must be done and it had been postponed too long.

Now! Please let me explain; "There are thoses of us which will mow a sick neighbors yard, fix a Elderly Ladys car, mend an Old Mans fence, rescue a little girls cat from a tree". When we may not have the propensity to do these things for ourselves. Kinda defies Logic? Not really. Lifting, supporting, and promoting others (if we consider them worthy), Mamaw instructed: "Do not cast your pearls before swine" but she also advocated; "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

I am Obstinate, Hardheaded, Brilliant, and Foolish, (I came to these conclusions a good while back). I generaly see everything in Black & White and have a difficult time finding that Gray Area which precludes Duty and promotes only Comfort.

I can tell you this; My destiny may have been cast many moons ago. There is little I can do about it. (nor would I wish too) The Enforcers don't care much for Obstinance. As Genghis Khan stated: "A standing nail must be driven".

I will stand with the Founding Fathers until I am no more. They have my Respect, Loyality, and Appreciation. The "Constitution" in my world: Is Square 1, this I have been taught, this I believe. (what I believe - I follow)

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    Well Ronnie, you concern for others could fit into my idea about organizaing other small gun dealers. It might help them rather than leave them each out alone to fend for themselves.

edited November -1
    When it actually gets to it TR I am afraid that you have more faith than I do ...until you can show em how EACH one affects them directly...you'll not get help from any.....just my 2 cents.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, look on the bright side, guys, soon, our system will collapse, due to irresponsible leadership, greed and all the other things that go along with it. Then, we will have the chance to hang all those who caused us this problem, and reform the old, or create anew.

It won't be long now.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    edited November -1
    Et Tu Gunny: When the Flag goes up! I expect you Gentlemen will come get me from Prison? [:p]

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    Don't no where I'll be...but as soon as the family is tucked away you can count on me ......or get out and head this way...geesh we need a way of identifying each other,no?[:D]Anyhow where will everyone be?when will it come about? oh for a crystal ball......
  • faldumfaldum Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    trfox:

You seem to be trying (admirably, I might add)
    to throw a lifeline to a member in distress.

Is it my imagination the "victim" prefers
    expounding platitudes, rather than grasping it?

Think about it.

And the Case number in question, as well.
  • faldumfaldum Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Delta:

quote:So now, I will have to find the Laws Pertaning to "Placing a Witness on the Stand in a Federal Case, claiming to be someone he is not, and testifying to have a "Gun Store" which he does not.

In most courts (in the US, at least)
    it's called perjury.
    Also, a FELONY.

It's also rather sound grounds for an Appeal.
    edited November -1
    faldum: I appreciate your observation as it helps me evaluate my thoughts and comments.