In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Parts Kits

shootclubshootclub Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
WANTED: you to know.
Bought a PPSH41 parts kit, from Inter Ordnance, in 1999.
Today, I received a registered letter from BATF. Basically it say the torched cut receivers are still machine guns and are illegal to own.
It says that I have 3 days to contact them and "voluntarily abandon" the parts kit.
Just for your information.

Comments

• gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Didn't you receive a letter with your parts kit from the BATF? It is possible that the threaded portion of the receiver wasn't mutilated enough for their liking.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • shootclubshootclub Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to BATF, very simply, Once a machine gun receiver - Always a machine gun receiver. It doesn't matter what condition it's in.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE ATF MOTTO:The Only Good Maching Guns; The ones in our possession![8D]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(] But how can we change things.....[:(][:(]
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If people are serious about changing the laws to allow machinegun registration (which I would approve of), we need to get the message out to our leaders. When they think of automatic firearms, they think of criminals and crazy right wing people. We need to get the message out that there are people who approve and that we are a growing number.

BTW, you can get machineguns registered to you provided they were registered before May 19, 1986. For the rest of us who want to register an affordable auto, we're screwed.
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LONGHUNTER: I believe that is the Question our Founding Fathers ask at their First Meeting. "But How Can We Change Things?"

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • GeoMan42GeoMan42 Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Instead of firing many round extremely fast, I prefer to shoot very large rounds very quick.

Today, I purchased a Beowulf upper for my Bushmaster XM-15. If you don't know what a Beowulf upper is, just mouse on over to http://www.alexanderarms.com

It defines HOMELAND DEFENSE!

Later

George,
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What i would be wondering is how did the ATF know you had the kit in the first place? Did they demand or supeona Interords records to find you or did you contact them.Bears thinking about dont it?

stupid people should not be allowed to breed
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All ATF has to do is get the shipping records from UPS and you are then known to them as buying something that they may be able to bust you for
  • dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm the only way to avoid this is to buy a parts kit with no portion of the receiver included what so ever
  • nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so did you give them their parts kit?...The ATF?

jesus2000x.jpg?mtbrand=NS_US

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    - Jesus Christ in Luke 22:36
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pulsarnc
    What i would be wondering is how did the ATF know you had the kit in the first place? Did they demand or supeona Interords records to find you ...

Yes, they did.

"Go to Lakedaemon, stranger passing by;
    And say there, that in obedience to her law, here we lie"