In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

right to own and buy guns

brechtbrecht Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
edited September 2003 in Gun Rights and Constitutional Law
as a non immigrant alien you are not allowed to bbuy a gun except for the use of hunting in combination with a valid hunting license.
What happens when this hunting license expires?

Comments

• Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOOD QUESTION! I guess it is the Same thing on a Smaller Scale = If you have the Money - You are not a Felon. If you don't have the Money - You are a Felon. The ACT criminal or Not, doesn't really count. NOW! We have a good working understanding of the "SYSTEM", trick being = Do everything you can to Make Money, for in this Society : It is the only Protection you have. (safe to say: The Less Money, the Less Rights, Constitutional or not).

"WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY; AND HE IS US"

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Delta but it doesn't seem like an answer to me, unfortunately?

in a world full of compromise some don't
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A non-immigrant alien?? If you're referring to a non-citizen, they are not allowed to buy in this country, anywhere period. I guess the only possible place for that to maybe be different would be Kali. Apparently there, if you present a quarter there, it is as good as a payment for citizenship (or at one would think so, considering how many non-immigrant aliens there are there), but then, I still figure with the gun kontrol edicts there, fat chance.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    faldumfaldum Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    brecht:

I would suggest you log on to the BATF site and obtain a somewhat
    more "official" reply.

The following is from their current (8-07-03) offering:

"The nonimmigrant alien CANNOT purchase a firearm from a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) unless he or she (1) has an alien number or admission number from the Immigration and Naturalization Service AND (2) can provide the FFL with documentation showing that he or she has resided in a State within the United States for 90 days prior to the firearms transaction."

Perhaps it might be of some use....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks faldum
    Thats what I wnted to hear
    [:D]

in a world full of compromise some don't