In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Class III ? How can I get one?

MedicChrisMedicChris Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Hi there.. I wanted to see if anyone had any info about getting a class III so I could get some of the items seen on here. I live in California and know the laws here suck for gun owners and am thinking about maybe moving to a not so strict state but I thought I might be able to legily get some collector guns or some guns that I have been wanting for a long time. Seems like I got into collecting too late in this state. Can a person get a liscens to get the baned guns? Do other states let you have the guns with out special paperwork like the guns I see on the auctions? Can anyone walk into a gun store and get one in a different state after the background check? I have alot of wants and they cant be filled with out going to the dark side and I dont like the idea of going to prision for something like that.. What states are the most leanyant on gun laws? Is there any state that I can be in that I can walk to a gun store and still get a AK-47? Tech 9? Any of the "evil" guns that are all gone from CA?

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Basically, there is some ATF paperwork and a $200 tax stamp that has to be paid to purchase a Class III weapon. You might as Mark Christian about this, he's a dealer in CA and is very knowledgeable about all things gun-related. He'd give you a lot better details about it.

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • Options
    nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you go to another state with a California drivers license they won't sell you a thing. Not even a Cali legal sks. Gun dealers are watching their back and won't risk breaking Cali law and losing their license or go to jail.

You can get a Curio and Relic Firearms Collector's license for $30.

Buy 1911 pistol clones for under $200. Have them mailed overnight to your house. No trigger lock. No stupid pistol permit. No taxes if the seller/importer is in another state.

California just passed some legislation that C&R folk need a certificate of eligibility and you gotta let the Californy Depratment of Justice know you have the license.

You'll save alot of money with it. You still can't get all the guns that California has banned even if it's on the list of Curio and Relic firearms.

Good luck.

jesus2000x.jpg?mtbrand=NS_US

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    - Jesus Christ in Luke 22:36
  • Options
    MedicChrisMedicChris Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok.. So the only way to buy a class III is to get the proper papers and have it shipped to a authorized dealer in my area? And it cant be anything baned in CA?
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Yep. They ain't too keen on the Class III toys in CA. YOu could move to NV or AZ, lot better gun laws there.

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm almost certain that they won't let an individual register a Class III item in Kalifornia at all. If they do however, keep in mind that in order for a machinegun to be legally owned at all, it must have been registered before May 19, 1986. If it was not registered before that date only Class III dealers or Class II manufactures can own it (yes I know it sucks). Also to have one of these licenses you must have your own business.
    I'd love to legally own a machinegun, and I probably will someday, but keep in mind that the transferable ones will cost a ton o' money. (The one I'm looking at on gunbroker MP5K-PDW. Starting bid $10,000.01 with a reserve.) It is estimated that there are around 250,000 automatics that can be registered to average citizens, and that number can't increase unless we unite and destroy the people who enslave us. Also, this number of auto's may be decreasing. If a government agency purchases a transferable machinegun, it will be removed from the firearm registry and may never be reentered. My advice, get one if you can, and never ever sell it.