In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Missouri Did It!!!

NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am still trying to track down all the particulars but the Missouri Senate joined the House to over-ride the veto of ultra-liberal "twice-votin-Holden" on the right to carry!!!!!!!

Celebrate! Of course, the radio talk shows are hysterical with all kinds of doomsday scenarios of people shooting it out in the streets...so predictable.

Comments

• Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now, it is Ohio's turn!!!!

Death to Tyrants!!! Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody who studies history realizes that the Nazis lost the war. That's the way it is with gun control. Eventually the people will realize it just isn't working.
    Also, take a look at Russia. Communism destroyed them. A high suicide rate, their money (what money?) is worthless, they are now more or less anarchy(yes!) and they have communism, and thier old hero Stalin to blame.
  • Options
    danildanil Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For Gunphreak:

I thought Ohio had such a law? I remember something about a challenge but I thought you had it? In any event, can you imagine what the Europeans would say about us if it was all 50 states?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For DSmith:

Amen to that. I have found in my many "discussions" with the anti-gun crowd that they don't trust us, they don't trust the people, they believe the average American to be incompetent, and they only trust the government to have arms...and these are the same folks that drive around with "Question Authority" bumper stickers...go figure
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For Danil, thanks for posting that information. So the age is 23 which is what I thought. Holden is our version of Gray Davis, a liar, very dirty when it comes to politics, and is running our state into the ground. He tried to tell people on the radio that we didn't need such a law because anyone in Missouri could get a 30 day permit. A friend of mine who is president of the Missouri Shooters Alliance, Kevin Jamison, took him to task for this lie (Kevin has written the book on Missouri gun law). There is no such thing as a 30 day emergency permit and even if there was, how would anyone know in what 30 day period they were going to be a target of a mugging, robbery, spousal assault, rape, kidnap, murder...you get the point.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    notpars: I have been in contact with Kevin Jamison via US Mail about some pro-gun ideas I have. Maybe I should contact you some time and see what we have in common. However, I live in Olathe so the MO law isn't going to help me. But hopefully KS is next. And how did you like the lying, hypocritical KC Star editorial this AM whining about the pro-gun people wanting concealed carry because they did not trust the police to protect them nor do they trust other MO citizens not to committ violent crime agains t them? I faxed a letter to the editor deseribing how lying and hypocritical their editorial was and how if they were to title it "An overriding mistrust" it should have been about how people llike the newsies at the KC Star newspaper (a.k.a. The Red Star) don't trust honest reliable MO citizens to carry guns for when the police aren't around. I know it won't be published, but I feel better having sent it. Larry Mc

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    sage kidsage kid Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The veto of S.B. 13 was also overridden.