In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Quote for ya....

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
edited September 2003 in Gun Rights and Constitutional Law
In the councils of government,we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence,whether sought or unsought,by the MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL Complex.The potential for the disatrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our LIBERTIES or democratic processes.We should take NOTHING for granted.Only an alert and knowledgeable citzenry can compelthe proper meshing of the huge industial and military machinary of defense with our peaceful methods and goals,so that security and liberty may prosper together.....Dwight D.Eisenhower,1961

Comments

• Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I LIKE "IKE" and How true!

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sigh.....thanks ronnie.....why do I do this?remind me?
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Sweet quote, I am passing that one along. Whatever happened to politicians with common sense and real world experience?

fc3000ae.jpg"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They all died...[:(!]Today they are corrupt before they get far....Glad you liked it..makes me feel better...I think.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a quote for you:

"When God's Law identifies a crime, prescribes judgments, and hands down the required punishment, and the punishment is carried out, all is well and the land prospers. If lawless rulers and lawless judges mock God's Law and refuse to enforce it, God punishes the land with sword, pestilence and plague."

-Richard Kelly Hoskins, relating to Leviticus 26:14-39

"If you're fighting fair, your tactics suck!!"

-Me

Death to Tyrants!!! Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    gunfreak, great quote s,both of them!Thanks L.H.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "A humble servant of God, whereby not powerful by himself, in his meekness, is powerful by His Might. The godless, regardless of how powerful they believe they are, are weak, and the weak strive only to become weaker."

-gunphreak

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have lived sir,a long time,and the longer I live,the more convincing proofs I see of this truth-that GOD governs in the affairs of men.And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice,is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?
    Benjamin Franklin

I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right.But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and THIS NATION should be on the Lord's side.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Two lines no one wants to cross with a true patriot are the horizontal and the vertical. (Think about it)

• Options
    edited November -1
    "A man who values nothing he would fight for, other than his own well-being, is a miserable creature that has no hope for freedom other than through the exertions, sacrifices and blood of men far better than himself."

-gunphreak

• Options
    edited November -1
    God grants Liberty only to those who love it,and are always ready to guard and defend it.
    Daniel Webster 1834

The contest,for ages,has been to rescue Liberty from the grasp of Executive Power.
    Also,Daniel Webster 1834

Is the relinquishment of the trial by jury and the liberty of the press necessary for your liberty? Will the abandonment of your most sacred rights tend to the security of your liberty? Liberty, the greatest if all earthly blessings-give us that precious jewel, and you may take everything else!...Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.--Patrick Henry,1788
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Militia is not a club, not an organization, and not a lobby. You cannot enlist in the Militia, and you cannot be drafted into the Militia, either. The Militia is a birthright inherent to all citizens, both here and all over the world. A failure to acknowledge the Militia on the part of the governments of the world is the first step toward tyranny.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I should post that last one of yours over in general where they are cutting at the militias.......

Those that would give up essential liberty,to purchase a little tempory safety,deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin

No man's life,Liberty or property are safe while the Legislature is in session. Gideon Tucker 1866

The United States seems destined by Providence to plague America with MISERY in the name of LIBERTY.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Proclaim Liberty throughout the Land unto all inhabitants Thereof.

Leviticus25:10
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Go on ahead. While you're doing that, longhunter, let them know this:

Whether anyone believes this or not, if you own even a single gun, you are one of the militia in the fed's eyes, because you now have an instrument of restoration, no matter how effective the tool may be. Look at all the tools of assassins in the US from Lincoln's time to the present, and there wasn't a single one of them that was one of the so-called "assault weapons" the antigunners prattle on about, today, and yet, Carolyn McCarthy has introduced a bill that would remove many of the semi-auto shotguns from the market, and well as several other sporting guns. Illinois has been attempting to get shotguns banned because they are "big bore" weapons. So, knowing this, if you want to squander away your birth-right in such cowardly fashion, then don't be surprised if you end up dying a coward's death.