In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What do you have to do to get a Ak 74 in VA?

Kev70Kev70 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
I was wondering what you have to do in order to get one of these weapons in VA. Does anyone have a website where I can go for the laws? Is this any harder to get than a AR 15? THanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    schulteschulte Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    do you mean an AK-47?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have no idea what the specific laws are, but i know in the past the governemnt has strictly regulated the AK-47 rifles in the begining because of their soviet origin. i would guess that nowadays the laws are no different than laws regarding fully-automatic or semi-automatic (depends on which type the AK you want it) weapons in your state. So the answer i think (dont quote me here....i could be very rong) is that the same laws would apply to AK as AR15.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah I was kind of afraid of that. I emailed Atlantic Firearms and they said that as long as the rifle was post ban that I should be ok and wouldn't need the stamp for the AK47, 74, or the AR 15. But they couldn't be modified over to full auto or have pre ban mods or else I would be in some serious trouble. I am going to talk to a FFL dealer soon though. I was hoping that someone would have already been through this and could steer me a little clearer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The NRA has an amazingly simple database of federal and local laws, including those which involve machine guns, full auto, semi auto, and assault weapons.

State laws index:
    http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws.asp?FormMode=state

Federal Laws
    http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws.asp
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!