In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Suppressors; Wa. State

dreamhavenranchdreamhavenranch Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Can anyone give a definitive anwser reguarding the ownership of a suppresed weapon in my state? I get conflicting opinions from various dealers. One says you may own one but may not attach it to a firearm ( a class lll dealer in Oregon ), others say it can not be had at all unless my local law enforcment agency agrees to sign form 4 and if they refuse it is a dead issue. Any help would greatly appreciated


  • mburnickasmburnickas Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You, or any permitted (Class 3) person can own a suppressor in Wa. All NFA items must have a signed form 4 unless you are a NFA dealer.

    I do not buy what the dealer in Oregon said. What others say is correct. You need a LWO to sign off; however, they should not give you any problems unless you have a "black" background. They are signing it stating they THINK it is ok to have and not some wacko.

Sign In or Register to comment.