In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CA hi-cap restrictions

salimoneussalimoneus Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
what's the deal with this year 2000 limit on pre-ban hi-cap mags? as a new resident to CA, at first it appears that i cannot import or buy one of these mags because i arrived after 2000, but it does not explicitly say that i cannot acquire one by some other means. for instance, if i found one in the trash. i could not find verbage in the law that explicitly disallows this.

has anyone ever been found guilty where the only charge was the possession of hi-cap mags when the suspect was found to be a new CA resident?

this law is obviously discriminatory against immigrants to CA (not necessarily foreign immigrants, just anyone moving to CA) and seems unconstitutional. i would be very suprised if there were convictions if that was the only serious charge, unless the accused and/or lawyer was a chump and decided not to try and fight it, and just plea bargain down.

comments?

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Sir, all I know about Calif is what I see in the media, and read about here and in pro-gun publications. But if only half of what I read is true the govt. of Calif. almost treats any gun owner as a criminal, or a wanna-be criminal, in that state. If I lived there I would probably get rid of most of my guns just so as to not accidently get put behind bars. I would also strongly support any progun group in the area in hopes of changing things there.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    salimoneussalimoneus Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry but i react the exact opposite when someone tries to take away things from me, i go out and acquire more. im more motivated to buy guns and spend time shooting than ever before, and i attribute that to some of the ridiculous California laws that "try" to restrict me.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Just buy a FAB10 Cali legal AR receiver and fork out the $3000 for a Shrike upper from Aeres Defense.

You'll have your ten round internal mag and the capability to use a belt....
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    J/K Mark!

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a loophole for you Kalifornians. If Ruger P-94 9mm handguns are legal, purchase one. Then, purchase and .40 SW P-series Ruger magazine (a 10 round mag will do). Now, you're probably thinking, "Why do I want a .40 mag for a 9mm?" Well, the .40 SW Ruger mag fits in a 9mm handgun and functions as a 15 round 9mm magazine. I've tried this, it works. I was a skeptic too, but I'll be an SOB if it didn't work.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I about fell out of my tree when I discovered first hand and by accident that a S&W 9mm 5900 series and a S&W 40 cal. 4006 series mags would interchange and function seemingly with no problems.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    This I did not know.............
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well longhunter, have fun with the info as I know you will (he he he)