In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

liability

lightbarlightbar Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
Why not sue the match or lighter manufacturer for the damage done by
childeren playing with matches or lighters? when some one's house is burnt down, with someone in it. You sure never hear of that happening.

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    The goofey liberals and others who delight in filing unfair lawsuits are smart enough to not quite take it to the limit whereas the great majority of the sheeple would protest.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, I think someone HAS done these. They just haven't been successful. For reasons why crazy jury verdicts happen, go check out some of responses in the "Jury Duty - How to get out of it?" thread in the General Discussion forum. [V]
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can tell you why. Either there isn't enough money in the company to be sued or the company is in China where it can't be sued!
  • Options
    mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FYI, Chinese companies that sell products in the US can be sued in U.S. courts. However, it's hard to collect from them unless they have assets in the U.S.

quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    I can tell you why. Either there isn't enough money in the company to be sued or the company is in China where it can't be sued!