In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question to any Class III Dealer

dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
I would eventually to get a 100 round drum to go with an MP5 a hope to buy. However the one on this link:
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=15129187

says that it is only for government use. Will this be legal if the assault ban / high capacity ban expires, or is there some other law relating to 100 round drums?

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not a Class 3 dealer, but I do know the answer to that. Yes they will be legal. But they will still be expensive (though not nearly as expensive as they were). Some friendly advice, pass on it. I know it sounds great to have a 100 round drum mag, believe me. But it makes for an unwieldly and heavy weapon, when loaded. Stick with standard ammo feed devices. They tend to be more portable, anyways.

As an AR-15 owner, even the 40 round mags available for them make them unwieldly. 30 round mags are the way to go there.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.