In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

transferring a pistol

nickhead_00nickhead_00 Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
I have been trying to find a dealer in PA that will receive a pistol that I am supposed to be purchasing off of the internet from CO. But, the seller doesnt have a FFL. So, the few gun shops around here have told me they won't give out a copy of their FFL to somebody other than a dealer. And the seller doesnt want to go through another dealer. Does anybody know why these dealers won't do this?

Comments

• Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nickhead_00
    I have been trying to find a dealer in PA that will receive a pistol that I am supposed to be purchasing off of the internet from CO. But, the seller doesnt have a FFL. So, the few gun shops around here have told me they won't give out a copy of their FFL to somebody other than a dealer. And the seller doesnt want to go through another dealer. Does anybody know why these dealers won't do this?

A lot of dealers are paranoid. See if the dealer will send the first 3 and last five numbers of his FFL to you. You can then go to the BATF FFL eZCheck web site and verify the FFL and dealer's premisis address. That's assuming the dealer will accept a shipment from a nonlicensee. See the link.

http://199.196.145.75/FFLeZCheck