In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Please Tell Me Some Of You Are Doing This?

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
OK, I'm still at it, trying to make life better for gun rights and gun owners. And as a side benefit maybe turning more people into constitutional supporters since it seems that most of the dedicated gun owners I know also seem to lean towards supporting the US Constitution.

Anyway, just yesterday I ONCE AGAIN was handing out my homemade flyers advertisisng the website www.aimsurplus.com which is a good company to deal with and has super, super low prices on military surplus rifles and pistols. Now you all know I do this for free simply to get people to buy more guns or, more importantaly, to get non-gun owners to buy a gun. The way this works is that there are many, many people out there that think to buy a decent gun you have to spend hundreds of dollars to buy the gun and then about 20-30 cents per round to shoot it. I show them how they can get an excellent used military rifle for only $59.95 and ammo for only about 5 cents per round. Everyone I talk to that has even a MILD interest in guns usually gets as excited about such bargains that they act little kids looking forwasrd to their Christmas presents. Especially the young married guys with kids to support and who are on a very limited budget. They usually go around thinking they cannot afford to buy or shoot a gun. I show them where they can. Remember, and let me exaggerate to make a point, if EVERYBODY in America owned and shot guns, we would have nobody foolish enough to try and take them away. Well, I can't get EVERYBODY in America to buy a gun, but I am getting as many people as I can. How about some of the others of you trying it and letting us know how it works for you?

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Virtually everybody I know, mostly from work circles, already are avid owners/shooters, from my boss on down. I did get one co-worker into guns though that took over a year. When he finally did it, it was a surprise to me, and then he went hog wild, and has been through several guns in the past year, and has also taken up hunting.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • lcranchlcranch Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My answer is yes.I agree but no gun foolishness. Breaking laws with a gun makes everything you are doing get set back. Many of my friends are getting involved responsibly with good cheap guns. Some of my friends will never touch a gun but they have taken a more pro-gun position through good in depth discussions of the words and meaning of the 2nd amendment.

Woodsie
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    So far I've been able to find people on a one-to-one basis that are surprised and happy with the "flyer" I give them about how cheap and easy it is to buy a gun. But if I run out of prospects I will just start leaving my flyers in public places hoping that the right person will pick them up. I even gave one to the deli delivery guy. The more people that think and know about how easily and cheaply they can get into the gun and shooting hobby the happier I am.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world"..

Teach a girl or young woman to shoot..let the daddy or boyfriend come along so they can assure themselves that is ALL you are doing.

One woman,not scared of guns,"innoculates" several children and perhaps a man or two into the gun culture...

One 18 year old girl at the gun range brings more then a few young men along...
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Exactly.

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am always talking guns. Inviting some to go to the range, with my guns and ammo. Have converted a few. If they are not interested in guns, I still talk about the loss of their rights. Have been in some heated discussions.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    No range here.........This is the puckies,you go shhot wherever.No real clubs around,the last of the oldtime gunshops have closed.Runnin outa places.....
    edited November -1
    Highball you are a "dirty old man" but you have a very good idea there
    which I will put into my own "dirty old man" bag of tricks and people
    Think we fight not at times like these.[;)]

Woodsie
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mom always told me she wasn't one to own or use a gun. She lacks the determination to dispatch an intruder/invader....

...but that is the only reason she doesn't have one. She is, however a firm believer in the role of the man being the protector, so she married a man (not my father, fortunately) who was determined to protect the family to the death.

Mom gets tired of hearing woman prattle on about how women endure the worst.. they have kids. In her judgment, she's glad that was the height of her responsibilities, because she thinks the protection role is far worse than child-bearing, especially if the angels' trumpets are sounded and the call to arms has rang through the halls of the castle... and should that man ever dispatch a breecher of the walls, a rapist, or a murderer, that would be way harder to live with than even child birth... she knows this, because both her husband and her son (me) has had to do this before.

She is a perfect example of how the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    gunphreak;

Sensible woman,your Mom.
    The intelligence to know that one cannot squeeze a trigger is commendable..because having one and not using it is dangerous for all.

I believe that the primal urge to protect her young would take presidence..but who's to know ?

As in hunting..some cannot bring themselves to shoot a living animal..and I can find no condemnation about this.In another time,another world..they might be hungry a lot,tho...

As long as they don't interfere with MY rights..they do as your mother does..not a bit of problem from me at all...
    edited November -1
    I think I look forward to another confrontation to send some one to the sleep before judgement day. But,I've fainted only once and that was when my daughter was being born. I thought that her head was going to be pulled off. As for me give me death before you give me child birth. I honestly don't see how women can do it I really believe I could not.But,shoot someone in self defense,or defending home and country I will and not give it another thought ;even better if he shot first. I think[;)]

Woodsie