In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kansas carry law

duckhunter16duckhunter16 Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
Ok i was listing to the radio the other day and kansas is considering a new carry law for it residents much like Missouri's. the only thing i did not get about it is that the governor said she thought it was ok for only ex police officers to be allowed to carry a counseled weapons and no one else would be allowed to carry. the weird thing about this is she was supporting a bill that would let anyone carry after taking a class much like Missouri. But how what can we say she a woman right?

If it flies it dies.

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Candy Ruff, a Democratic state representative from Leavenworth, KS (I believe) intends on introducing a concealed carry law. I have no knowledge about the governor's stand on this issue, but both her parents are progun to the point they have both had booths at gun shows in the past (this is hearsay but hopefully accurate). I have a problem with ex or retired police carrying concealed. When ex or retired the man/woman is merely a former police officer and in fact is just a plain citizen like me. Why is it fair to give them "super" rights over the rest of us?

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Good luck with all that my friends........Keep us posted,if I had the recources I would help what I could.As it is,I'm fighting here,the idjuts are still tryin to get bear hunting taken away in Maine.......and other battles here as well...
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Government theory: If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It doesn't help to pass the law if you get screwed out of it in court. Like MO.

Mobuck
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    KS CANNOT get screwed out of it in court because the KS state constituion does not mention any limitation on concealed vs visable carry. In fact, if the KS constitution was actually obeyed by the different Kansas governments everyone in KS would already have the right of visible AND concealed carry. Plus KS does not have the MO Hancock Amendment in that every law passed by the state which places a financial burden on the cities and counties has to also inclued stated funding for that burden. If you are in the fight as opposed to being a spectator you should already know some of this.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Longhunter, they tried a ban in N. Calif, bears got so bad they offered tags for $1