In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Missouri Supreme Court, What!!!

NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
The local news announced that the Missouri Supreme Court has held up license to carry to be legal...with a catch. It is not legal in the four counties where the Sheriffs have said the cost exceeds the money they charge $100. Naturally, I happen to live in one of these counties Jackson. What madness is this! Man am I p#@*ed off!!!

Judicial tyranny, Jefferson warned us......

Smert' Marxistam

Comments

• Options
    Bushnell BoyBushnell Boy Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are the counties you can't carry in?

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

-Beck (1993)
  • Options
    MoonlighterMoonlighter Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The counties in Missouri that are not 'required' to issue because of the Hancock Law are Camden, Cape Girardeau, Greene, and Jackson. You can read the whole decision on the Missouri Supreme court page.

"Things always look better from the top.....take the hill!"
  • Options
    agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I look for an alteration to the law in the next year to fix this problem for the poor souls unfortunate enough to reside in those four counties.

Personally, I think the ability to carry concealed in a vehicle without a permit is a huge gain, but I'm fortunate enough to not work in KC anymore. I just drive through there on my way to better places.
  • Options
    Bushnell BoyBushnell Boy Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in jackson this sucks

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

-Beck (1993)
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For Bushnell Boy: So do I, Lee's Summit area. This is nuts. The lawyer of the group I belong to (gun group) says hold the phone.There is a lot of confusion on this. I can't believe those idiots!!!!!!