In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

australia bans swords

2gun2gun Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
i was reading an article on ar15.com and it seems the foolishness that we joke about is coming to pass.

australia which had previously banned the ownership of firearms and ordered them to be turned in is now doing the same with swords since folks anywhere are going to find some weapon either to attack or to defend themselves.so thugs have taken to carrying swords and now the collecter and legal owners will have to get a permit(if they have a good reason) or turn them in to police.will hammers and screwdrivers be far behind?

as a side question if you were in australia wpuld you have turned in your firearms or kept them knowing you now would be a felon. what about swords? and at what point does the whole thing begin to sound like reefer madness?

Comments

• Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2gun..

Are you an NRA member? IF not, please join. All this info about the banning of swords was in past issues of the magazine "First Freedom."

I was fortunate enough to spend some time in Australia. Been there three times, and even went hunting with some 'mates'. Had they known what they were getting into when the "legislation to license" firearms was first introduced starting back about 20 years ago, their revolution would have made our's look a little meager.

I still have friends there, and they say that we (the USA) needs to fight any and all legislation that encroaches on our constitutional rights to keep and bear firearms.

It is apparent that the government of Australia is following the example of Great Britain, where even defending yourself against a mugger is now against the law. Violent crime is now rampant in the metropolitan areas and their suburbs, as the "honest, law abiding" citizen is now unarmed.

The banning of the swords, katana's, etc., came about after two or three criminal types did a home invasion and the home owner fended off the attackers with a katana (samurai sword) and seriously injured two of the attackers. His katana was confiscated by the local police, and though he was not charged with a crime, under the prevailing laws that the Aussie's have to deal with, he is subject to civil suit!

What's wrong with this picture?

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    There was one..ONE..man in Australia.
    Crocidile Dundee..or the man the movie was patterned after.

He was killed resisting the gun ban...
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if Great Britain and Australia already have a target of this law to exterminate. Perhaps somewhere, there are concentration camps being set up to do the task. Never trust a ruler who wants you disarmed.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the parliament of Great Britain are actually the true brains behind the crime lords in the UK. Their conduct toward the serfs are perfect proof of such a claim (insert gunphreak flipping the bird here).

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.