In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FFL transfer problems

gaeducatorgaeducator Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
I won an auction on GB and forwarded the money order and contacted a FFL dealer about handling the transfer. The gun arrived and now the FFL dealer is bending the federal gun laws to delay the transfer of the gun. I told the FFl that I was purchasing a gun on GB from a seller that did not have a FFL. When I went to pick it up, she told me that she definitely needed his FFL info. The next day this changed and I was told that now they needed a copy of sellers DL and SS card. Now I am dealing with the owner of the FFL (pawn shop). He says that regardless he is not required to transfer this handgun to me. He says that gun laws are open to interpretation and it is his prerogative whether he transfers this firearm. I have contacted ATF of Atlanta and they told me to contact the Better Business Bureau and register a complaint. I am a law abiding citizen and really feel like I am being screwed royally. The gun has been paid for, I have attempted to provide documentation for background check, but owner is delaying the transfer. My gun which i paid $650 for has been sitting in this pawn shop for three weeks.

Raphael White

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    file in and take the FFL holder to small claims court and next time deal with an FFL holder whom you know you can trust.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    gaeducatorgaeducator Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will definitely deal with a FFL that I know. I thought that I knew this business pretty well. I had just purchased a Mossberg 590 DA from them about six months, ago. This is what happens when you deal with mom and pop pawn shops. Never again, I should have seen the warning signs when they refused to give me a signed copy of their FFL to send to the seller. I really appreciate your input. quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    file in and take the FFL holder to small claims court and next time deal with an FFL holder whom you know you can trust.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"

Raphael White