In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Concealed wepons permit rights

morrigj83morrigj83 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Does a concealed wepons permit allow you to put a rifle that is un;oaded behind the seat or out of site in a vehicle? I love in Washington State

Comments

• Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love wherever I can. However, I live in Louisiana. Not sure what the law is in Washington state...a CCW is for carrying a concealed weapon ON YOUR PERSON. Hauling one around in your vehicle generally does not come under that classification.

Perhaps you might just ask one of your local friendly to protect and serve types (PD or Sheriff's deputies) and see what they say.

You might also want to visit your state's website and search around in there to get the straight info your asking.

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Email your local police department.
    If the answer is favorable, print it out and carry it with you.
    If it is not, well.....

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Fl. The law states "on or in your immediate facinity(sp)".

I think it mostly depends on the "arresting cop" and your GOOD lawyer.

Let's face it - a cop can arrest you for ANYTHING they want and a GOOD lwayer can get you out of trouble (wether you did something wrong or not).

"meet me in Margaritaville"