In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Virginia Residents Take Heed

h4ckthish4ckthis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
Fellow Virginians,

Senator Warner (R?-VA) has publicly announced he is in support of renewal of the so-called "assault weapons" ban (aka: the scary-looking cosmetic features ban).

http://warner.senate.gov/pressoffice/statements/20040302.htm
quote:
SENATOR WARNER FLOOR STATEMENT ON REAUTHORIZATION OF THE 1994 ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN

Today, Senator John Warner, R-Va., made the following remarks on the Senate floor in support of the reauthorization of the 1994 assault weapons ban.

"I rise today in support of the Feinstein/Warner/DeWine/Schumer amendment to reauthorize for the Assault Weapons Ban for another 10 years.

"Over the last 10 years, I have studied the Assault Weapons Ban extensively, and over the last week I have listened carefully to the floor debate on the Senate.

"It seems clear to me that, ultimately, there is one key disagreement between supporters and opponents of the Assault Weapons Ban: Has the ban helped reduce crime?

"I, for one, believe that the Assault Weapons Ban has effectively worked to significantly reduce crime in this country. Recent Department of Justice records indicate that the use of banned assault weapons in crimes has declined measurably -- by 65% in one analysis - since the measure took effect.

My fellow Virginians, contact Senator Warner TODAY and stress to him your disappointment in his support of this pointless legislation.

This is obviously nothing more than a political move. While Warner may have come out in "support of renewal", we all know the anti-gunners in Congress are not only trying to RENEW, but EXPAND the 1994 ban.

I for one am pretty upset. I have sent a note via his website, and I plan on sending letters and making phone calls on a very regular basis.

This is something I will definitely remember come re-election time.

"That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state..."
Article 13
Virginia Bill of Rights