In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oh Yeah! Score one for the good guys.

kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41735,00.html

The article makes interesting points, including posting stats at the end that show how 75% of Americans want to arm pilots, 66% of Americans favor the right to carry a gun in their car or on there person if they can pass a background check and safety course.

About time something good is in the news.

http://ynot4free.com

Comments

• Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i emailed the editor and the author. that was definately worth reading, and refreshing that the media will tell it like it is, regardless of what some people want to hear or believe. great find!
    jake
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:terrorists (like ordinary criminals) actually prefer victims who cannot strike back.
    Maybe they are able to learn something that we have always known.

Good article.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Exactly..that is why after attacking various checkpoints in Iraq, the bad guys are now bombing/attacking softer targets...like UN building in Baghdad, hotels, and various other less defended sites.

The jihadist Haji's in Iraq are NOT the dedicated types you see/hear from Palestine. They do NOT wish to die in their attacks, but rather fight a guerrilla war. Hit and run. In essence, they are "foreign" fighters...Syrians, Jordanians, Saudi's, Egyptians, etc, who are more in tune with Al-qaeda/Usama Bin Laden philosophy.

The good news is, they are doing it in Iraq, not here in the US. When my buddy came back from Iraq, they flew on a chartered Delta aircraft. Now here's the wierd part...they were checked for scissors, nail files, pocket knives, etc. just like they check here.
    But they were all carrying their M-4's and M-16's with ammo. Is there anyone with a brain operating here?

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:But they were all carrying their M-4's and M-16's with ammo.

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our you serious?

Tweezers bad, rifles good?

The world is getting stupider by the second. Grrr!

I like the old Saturday Night Live skit where they have a bucket of handguns and each person boarding the plane is offered one. The logic being the terrorist will always loose such a battle. Perhaps if they used some sort of low velocity safety slug that wouldn't go through the plane. . .[:D][:D][:D]

http://ynot4free.com
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kalifornian..

I am totally serious about the airline checking for scissors, knives, et cetera! Ev was cracking up telling me about it. He did say that it was an American flight crew, and that they were pampered every hour of the trip.

I just found it astonishing that 285 ARMED troops were subjected to the same time of security we are, and they were armed! Will the lunacy ever stop?

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Great read,Thanks for posting it!