In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best and Worst States question

black_adder2black_adder2 Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
CA is the worst state for gun lovers, so what is the best state, law wise? What are the top 5 worst and top 5 best?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmm...can't speak from pure mistake free knowledge but I would guess that the worst five are, in no particular order;
    1. Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
    2. Peoples Republik of New York
    3. Peoples Republik of New Jersey
    4. Maryland
    5. Teddy Kennedy/John Kerry country - Taxachussets

Five Best..again a guess, but an educated one...
    1. Idaho
    2. Arizona
    3. Nevada
    4. Florida
    5. Texas

There are lots of other states where the antigunners haven't been able to take hold, fortunately!! There are probably other states that are as friendly to shooters, so let's hear from the rest of you.

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Arizona. We need to spread the way they are doing things. Check www.basfaz.com

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    ozwynozwyn Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Savage...........

Maryland doesn't warrant a people's republic yet??

well, that's ok.. gun owners living in maryland consider it worthy of such a negative title.
  • Options
    h4ckthish4ckthis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Virginia (my home state) is making some improvements.

VA is a "shall issue" CCW permit state.
    Several new laws have been passed to restore VA gun owner's rights

The downside, VA has many confusing local laws that often contradict state law.

There is pending legislation that should help solve this problem. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my new home state.

"That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state..."
    Article 13
    Virginia Bill of Rights
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Definatly without a doubt Louisiana has to be one of the best places to own firearms. We can carry them conceled in a vehicle with no permit,its considered an extension of your household; however, to conceal and carry on person does require proper documentation. And then again we did get an "F" a year or so ago as far as enforcing the gun control laws. They do conduct a backgound check but that usually take 30 mins or less most of the time. I sure hope that communtist kaliphornia crap doesn't spread down here. quote:I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots, or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But, being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've lived in California my whole life, and it sucks #1 for gun rights from just about everything I've read and heard. From reading American Riflemen and other NRA stuff, I always see Massachussets and New York in the news, so I guess they are probably tied for #2, just for the amount of coverage they get. I can't say any more beyond that for the worst.

I will go along with Nevada as the best state just because of my familiarity. I have heard that North Las Vegas is getting more restrictive though, for example I've heard that all out-of-town CCW holders must check in with the police when they enter the city. But anybody off the street can still shoot a full auto machine gun in Vegas at a range within the city limits, so it can't be that bad. Being a Californian, entering Nevada is like giving a bucket of iced tea to a man that just spent two weeks in hell. It tastes pretty good!

I've also heard Arizona is a pretty good place, but Phoenix is getting very suburbanized, so I have a feeling that Arizona may not be that great for much longer. I imagine most other rural western states are pretty safe, such as Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -Gandhi
  • Options
    OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had a problem with Alabama or Oklahoma...

976371019-1.jpg "Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it." Lord Chesterfield
  • Options
    brimickribrimickri Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vermont is pretty good too.
    No permits required, anyone, and I mean anyone can carry concealed weapons, as long as your not a convict, of course. Only places in the state you cannot carry are into a state or fed. building, and where posted.