In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

You have 2 guns to choose, which ones??

2»

Comments

• bnailonbnailon Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ArmaliteA4, a Remington 552 .22 rifle and a 12-ga pump shotgun (Browning BPS or Remington 870). If you could add a third one, a BAR 30-06 w/ 3x9 Leupold

My 2 cents.
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a cruel question, how do you pick. I stood staring in one of my safes all last night and just the glow of the many night sights looked like eyes crying like little children saying pick me. What a cruel question.

PJ[:D][:D]

If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Life Member, AF&AM
  • guncontrolguncontrol Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    2 guns would be 357 rifle for hunting and a 357 revolver for protection.

guns dont kill people, people kill people!!!!!
  • PARAPARA Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CZ999 9mm PARA & DE 50AE. I like power toys.
  • stalion10stalion10 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i dont mean to be *, but you were'nt explitit enough in your first part of the <?> to answer it intell.. protect from what? a nation, the u.s. military, a platoon, a company, ants,what?????? as to the second part, first i need to know what i'll be up against in the first part of the <?> so i know what i need there, to know what i have left over for the second part of your <?>, i can always use(and have the knowelege of) to use traps, snares, grow a garden, ect. to feed me and mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but to answer you <?>, if all things were equal to that as they are today(because thats what it is today) i would choose a 300 win mag( in single shot, because not to much can go wrong with it), and a 12 gauge shot gun in a 3 in. mag( more than likely double barrel because their bullet proof and the easiest to fixin a pinch) . the 300 win mag because its heavy enough to shot long range on any game or preditor(including bear) with ammo loaded to the max, it shines on heavy game with medium loaded ammo at med to close range and it can be down loaded to the ballistics. of a 30-06 or 308( which is on the upper end of the spec. for med. sized game with out causing excessive damage in my opinion) of medium weight game ie. deer, and like sized game,also would like to have sabets necking down from .30 cal. to 22 cal. for long range small game <need to research that first though to see if its posible or probable to sabet a 300 win mag to a .22 cal> (i'll post that <?> on ask the experts and see if it flies) the 12 gauge because i can load it with slug, to get big game at close range and to defend against dangerous animals that are charging at close range with mega bite to it,buck shot for med. to heavy game at close range on the fly in light to med. brush, and of course all the lesser scatter gun loads in various weights for all the dif. water fowl, upland game, small game, and of course defense. in a nut shell with these two guns, and all the variations of loads i can load i fill i would not want nor need anything else but my health ,wits, ability, two good reloading presses(shot gun and rifle), and all the reloading compon. that i'd needed, to defend and feed me and mine as good or better that i can now!!!!!
    quote:Originally posted by ArmaliteA4
    Just a poll of sorts,

You have 2 guns to choose from any caliber,scoped or not,auto,semi,bolt or single shot,Pistol, rifle or shotgun whatever.

Those guns would be the 2 guns you could have to provide protection,food etc. for you and your family.

speed is what kills
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Just 2 guns 'eh?

I'd take an AR15 as the first gun:

with a .223 upper
    and .50 beowulf upper
    and 50 bmg upper

For the second gun it would be a Mossberg 12 guage:

with adapters to shoot 45acp
    22lr
    .410/45 long colt

I think that is only two guns....should suffice.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My custom Colt 1911 and my Colt Anaconda. The latter would put food on the table while the former would keep me from becoming someone else's food.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • ArmaliteA4ArmaliteA4 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Red223
    I would have to say you have maybe the most versatile combo yet.
    I shot a .50 beowulf over the weekend and it shot extremely good at 50 meters. And at 150 it shot plenty good to center mass something.
    It kicks about like a heavy load 20 ga. shotgun. Pretty manageable
  • dbaraledbarale Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recall a poll in a magazine in Europe a few years ago with about the same question.
    The readers' choice was a 12Ga pump action shotgun. Seems to be the most versatile gun in the world, from law enforcement to home defense to hunting and even urban combat.
    Makes you wonder why the manufacturers would even make anything else..

Daniel.
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1st would be my 12 guage O/U with full inserts for 20 guage, 28 guage, and .410.
    2nd would be the wife's varmit gun, 22-250 w/scope.[:)]

"Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it." Lord Chesterfield
  • bosshog1949bosshog1949 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess I'd have to take my old faithful Rem 788 in 223 with the
    8X40X56 for survival, light plentiful ammo for those necessary looong
    range head shots good for ALL species. For home defense my ole Beretta 12 auto with the 22" barrel and a sack full of #4 copperplated 3" mags spreads out well and penetrates things you wouldn't believe!!!
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Colt M4 and my 1911. Oh I do love those two......
  • MikeBMikeB Member Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would choose a Glock 21 & Remington 700ADL 30-06.[:p]
  • But If NotBut If Not Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    12 Gauge pump and M1A

RIGHT WING AND PROUD OF IT
  • kenneth and melissakenneth and melissa Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ar-15 and a 1911 45 [:D]

Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    one would Have to be a 22.........
    edited November -1
    longhunter,

I have wondered what your choices would be..

What is your 2nd??[;)]

You may take the most gallant sailor,the most intrepid airman,or the most audacious soldier,put them together at a table.
    What do you get?
    The sum of their fears
    -Winston Churchhill
    edited November -1
    Guess that I would cheat a bit.One would be a 22LR/410 over and under. With that alone I could feed the family on everything from doves to deer...and could carry ammo aplenty.So that leaves the 2nd one[;)].If I wanted long range I might go with the 03 in 30-06...however it IS heavy and so is the ammo...I would most likly grab the sks......or maybe the 30 Remington.....The 12 gauge is an ASSUME choice however again the ammo would be heavy!
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been trying to ignore this thread, but it just won't go away!

Okay here it goes...

Assuming we are talking about an armageddon situation (no more gun manufacturers, no more ammo manufacturers, every man for himself), I would go with:

1. Marlin 1894 .357 Mag/.38 Spl lever-action rifle
    2. a solid .357 Mag/.38 Spl revolver (like my Ruger GP100)

This would cover me for both hunting and personal protection. Also it would give me a chance to scrounge up either .357 Mag or .38 Spl brass for reloading, assuming I'm allowed to have a reloading rig, right Armalite?

If I can't reload then I would probably go with a more commonly found caliber, either a .45 or 9mm carbine with a matching caliber semi-auto handgun. These calibers would be inferior for hunting, but I would probably have a lot of time on my hands to figure it out while waiting for Judgment Day. At least I could go hunting every day instead of going to work!

Always gotta look on the bright side.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -Gandhi
    edited November -1
    Wolf,

HAHahaAHa..... You can reload all you want, since you will indeed have quite a bit of time on your hands.

I have learned alot from reading the posts on this thread.
    It is interesting to see what people would choose for whatever they have in THEIR mind as a last choice weapon(s).

And, not having to go to work would be something to look forward to

I have always said that the american indian had the right idea concerning lifestyle.At least until the settlers moved in.

You may take the most gallant sailor,the most intrepid airman,or the most audacious soldier,put them together at a table.
    What do you get?
    The sum of their fears
    -Winston Churchhill
    edited November -1
    Reloading is good...which is why I have one of them lil lee loaders,not a press ,the lil hand thingy for most of my favorite calibers,gauges.It is small,and easy to use anywhere.....
  • jrromjrrom Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rem 870 with light built in
    edited November -1
    Rem 870 with light built in
    edited November -1
    Rem 870 with light built in and a Glock 19
  • GlocksterGlockster Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    2 fully automatic modified Glock 17s with 4 33round mags.
    At the top they have the 33 round mags. http://www.gunaccessories.com/Magazines/Glock/Glock.asp
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Glockster
    2 fully automatic modified Glock 17s with 4 33round mags.
    At the top they have the 33 round mags. http://www.gunaccessories.com/Magazines/Glock/Glock.asp

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

www.RightFieldSucks.com
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I will change my choice to two Red Rider BB guns, but only if they can hold 2000 BBs a piece. I might saw them off and add a swivel stock so they look like an AKS.

I will probably get my @ss blown off, but I will look cool! Right Fishermanben?

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -Gandhi
    edited November -1
    HAhaHAHHAhAhaha [;)][:D]

What do you get?
    The sum of their fears
    -Winston Churchhill