In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CA Reality Check, Part 3

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
This was posted on the Cheap Shooting Group at Yahoo. I thought I would share.

Basically it is a CA bill to ban all gun shows at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, a State-owned arena (I get chills just saying "State-owned"). They've already banned gun shows in my neighboring Bay Area county, and several others around the state too. I have to drive about 40 miles to the nearest gun show. I guess now I will be heading to Reno, maybe permanently.

I think we are only about 2 years away from having law enforcement go door-to-door and seizing all firearms here in California.

-WoundedWolf

--Begin Quote--

LEGISLATIVE ALERT !

IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED !!!

The State Legislature is now considering a bill that would infringe
on your rights as lawful owners of firearms. It has passed it's
respective house of Senate Public Safety Committee, and will soon
to
have a hearing in the Appropriations Committee. It is critical
that
sportsmen contact their own district Legislators and Members of the
Appropriations Committees to voice strong opposition to this bill.

To find your legislators use the following link and type in your
zip
code. You will be given the names and contact information for both
your Senator and Assembly Member depending on your zip code.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html

SENATE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEE
SB 1733 (Speier) Firearms: Sales at the Cow Palace. This bill
would
ban having a gun show at the Cow Palace, which is a state owned
facility in the South San Francisco area. If it passes, it will be
expanded to ban gun shows on any public property, like fairgrounds,
throughout the State. It is a major attack on the right of
sportsmen
and other firearms owners to assemble, communicate with each other,
and to purchase new, used and collectible firearms, accessories and
sporting supplies. The bill is now before the Senate
Appropriations
Committee.

Please take action immediately! A list of the members of the
Appropriations Committees can be found below. Let them know of
your
opposition to SB 1733 and let your local legislators hear from you
as
well. It is critical that all of this bill be stopped !!!

--End Quote--

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -Gandhi

Comments

• Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    The 9th Circuit Court's Judge's wife is the leader of an anti-gun group.

The Supreme Court will always refuse to hear 2nd Amendment cases.

California has no hope left.

125_button_kerry_nodeal.gif
  • pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    I'm in California-what is up with all this anti-gun crap???
    Do we have to move to Texas to have some leisurely fun with a gun??
    I wonder what the reason really is though, California is pretty left-wing I would think but they definately don't like guns. I think it is partly a city thing, too many gangsters and they have to start cracking down-I know it is fairly easy to get a "hot" gun from friends, so maybe its also part of their failure to properly enforce the gun control. I think it's crap when friends in Nevada tell me about their gun, but it is 100% illegal to use it over here. I should join the NRA.
  • gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WoundedWolf, The stupidvisors for Los Angeles County have already done the same thing. Now I have to go out of my way to either Ventura or Orange counties ( which are very beautiful by the way)
    I never did anything about it because.... Well, it didn't affect me. I wasn't into guns. And now I regret it. Somehow, it seems you are right, The police might come knocking... scary thought.
  • texashntrtexashntr Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    shure sorry to hear about your gun shows, i live near dallas, and we had one in ft worth this weekend, and one in mequite next weekend. shure makes you feel lucky to be in texas after hearing you guys from cali talk, seems like you can't even look at a gun without having to fill out 20 pages of paperwork. again sorry to hear that.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the condolences, texashuntr. The shows aren't quite banned yet, there is one in another county about 25 miles away from me that I am going to try to attend next weekend. My county banned firearms on public property (including the local fairgrounds) about 4 years ago. Fortunately somebody has finally gotten the balls to put together a private gun show at a local hotel here in July.

If anybody is reading this from the Bay Area, be aware that a gun show is coming up at the Flamingo Hotel in Santa Rosa toward the end of July (sorry, I don't have the exact date). It would be great if we could really make this a big turnout and show the gungrabbers what we think about thier gun show restrictions.

"History will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Gandhi
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For anyone interested in attending the Santa Rosa gun show I mentioned in the above post, it will be held July 24th & 25th (Saturday & Sunday) at the Flamingo Hotel, 2777 4th St., Santa Rosa, CA.

"History will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Gandhi