In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is the SAF good?

dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
As you all know, I'm pro-gun to the extreme. Is the SAF a good orginization for me? I'd like to get a credit card that supports a good group, however I don't want the NRA Visa that gives money to the people who passed the final anti-machinegun act.

The only other group I found that has a credit card is the SAF's MasterCard. What are your opinions on SAF?

Also, are they a lobbying orginization like GOA, or are they a Education orginization like JPFO?

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    since no other answers to your post I will try. I have sent money to SAF for years and finally paid enough to be considered a card-carrying member. I am not really sure what they do, but the leader, Allan Gottlieb, and SAF has been around for a long, longtime and I have noticed some educational activity by SAF trying to affect government policy/laws or to counter anti-gun propaganda from various sources. Plus, I have seen Gottlieb's name assoicated with some very active pro-gun organizations.

Bottom line, SAF doesn't ask for much and I am willing to gamble on them until I stop being lazy and actually checkup on them.

Anybody else got any info on SAF?

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I meant to get back to you on this and got sidetracked. I was trying to find out how much? (and how) the SAF got monies from using a credit card, and could not find it in the fine-print.

As for what they do, I know they do some educating, and I think? they do some lobbying. Like tr fox, I too have been supporting them for a while.

The gene pool needs chlorine.