In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It's not the tool that is the problem

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wait a sec, you mean a student was murdered without a gun?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040603/wr_nm/crime_japan_schoolgirl_dc

I thought if we banned guns then nobody would ever get murdered again? Right?

"History will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Gandhi

Comments

• Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you listen to the anti-gunners, that is THEIR theory. However, their theory does not take into consideration the fact that criminals do not care about laws..hence they are criminals. DUH!

But they would rather punish the law abiding citizen! What's up with that crap?

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Amen, Salvage. That was basically my point. I firmly believe that if a person is intent on murder then they will do it by whatever means are available, no matter how inconvenient. That is pretty obvious by this article. The belief that the murder rate will decrease anywhere that guns are banned is pure liberal mythology.

-WW

"History will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Gandhi
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ww..

Well, all you have to do is look back right after 9/11 and see all the anti-gun BS legislation that was introduced. I thought all the hijackers carried/used box cutters. Can you imagine if half the passengers on those flights had been armed?

Stealing someones tag line...guns are about killing as much as spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Imagine if just ONE of the passengers on those planes was armed. It would have been enough to save a planeload of people and a building from falling down.

Now THAT is probably the most powerful testament to firearms ownership I have ever heard.

-WW

• Options
    scutascuta Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, using the anti gun lobbies logic, we should ban the internet and utensils from primary schools, right?

or maybe we should ban schools, or electricity, since without it there would be no computers or internet.

wait, I've got it now, we should ban emotion, its far to unpredictable for mere humans to deal with appropriately.

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." The Dalai Lama
  • Options
    2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The biggest criminals are setting in government offices around the world
    and they are telling millions of people they can't have self protection while they have their bodyguards. I would think that millions of people
    should be able to influence those few in office to see things their way.
    Maybe those in office already know; No Guts No Glorie

2-barrel