In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It's Easy

bigbenzbigbenz Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
If you out law guns you have to outlaw............

#1 Cars kill more kids then anything else ever!!!
#2 Fast Food #1 killer of Americans!!!!!
#3 Drug companies(if you ever gave your child durgs because he was "to active" you need help)
#4 Media they make kids do things because of what they suggest
#5 Freespeach its too powerful for just anyone to have
#6 OJ Simpson

WWW.CAMilitia.com

Up and ready in a few weeks!!

Comments

• Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    Don't forget to outlaw swimming pools. Lots of children die in them every year too. Much more dangerous than guns. Outlaw stupid parents too, because most of the deaths of children from these causes is not taking the time to keep pools and guns secure.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Better yet we should make Laws that make any one that has a pool has to have a child safe cover on it , even if you dont have kids and a kid Gets in your back yard and drowns. you go to jail for murder. and we should make a law that makes a felony to get cought with more then Two BIG MACS.

WWW.CAMilitia.com

Up and ready in a few weeks!!
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to add doctors to that list...100,000 plus 'victims per year. And they are already licensed!!!

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Doctors have an excuse, they are still "practicing".
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doctors and the anti-gun AMA[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah..they're still practicing..and they get to bury their mistakes!

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    mtnboomermtnboomer Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And, damnit, don't be running with scissors!!! [}:)]

Don't Ask Me to Stand Up For You, If You Won't Stand Up For Yourself! - Mtnboomer

Support the Second Amendment - Join The NRA > www.nra.org <

Oklahoma State and Big 12 - #1 GO POKES!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe pointed scissors should be outlawed, and just have those Safety Scissors, like in kindergarten.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I couldn't tell you how many times I accidentally cut myself with my Swiss Army Knife. What if I had gotten an infection?!

In the words of Homer Simpson: "What if? What if I slipped on a bar of soap in the shower? Oh my God! I'd be killed!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We Should start a group Banning Kids riding in cars! 4000 die each year. We will call it. Men Aginst the Burtal Death of Babies in Cars.

MABDBC.

We could have a march and everything.

i say we push the issue.

WWW.CAMilitia.com

SKS
    Su-16
    K98
    Ar-15(fab-10)M4
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Here are some interesting stats for ya'll to look at.

Top Ten Causes of Death - Top 10 Causes of Death (2001)

(2001 statistics from the 2004 World Almanac - unless otherwise noted)

While homicides, national tragedies & AIDS get the most press, the top causes of death are heart diseases, cancer and diabetes. Aerobic Gardening, a healthy lifestyle, could impact the causes of over 1.3 million deaths per year!

2001 Statistics (2004 Almanac)

Disease / Condition
    Annual Deaths
    Percent Lifestyle
    1) Heart Disease 700,142 29 % Yes
    2) Malignant Neoplasms (Cancer) 553,768 22.9% 50/50
    3) Stroke (cerebrovascular disease) 163,538 6.8 % 50/50
    4) Chronic Lower Respiratory disease 123,013 5.1 % No***
    5) Accidents (Car Accidents* (2002) - 44,000) 101,537 4.2 % No***
    6) Diabetes Mellitus 71,372 3.0 % 50/50
    7) Pneumonia & Influenza 62,034 2.6% No
    8) Alzheimer's Disease 53,852 2.2 % No***
    9) Kidney disease (Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome,
    & nephrosis) 39,480 1.6 % 50/50
    10) Septicemia (toxins in the blood -
    known as "blood poisoning") 32,238 1.3 % 50/50
    Total Deaths per Year** 2,400,000 100 %

* Car accidents: About half are due to alcohol.

** Suicides again were not in the top ten (In 1997 they were #8 with ~ 30,000), 2000 statistics were 10.4 per 1,000 people.

Homicides were 15,530 in 1999, far out of the top ten. This is a 34% drop since 1990. I did not find the Total Homicide deaths for 2001, but the Total firearm deaths were 28,663 in 2000. I find the numbers surprisingly low considering the national focus on murder.

** Liver Disease is off the list this year as well (estimate around 25,000).

** Diabetes Type II (Adult onset) is highly correlated with overweight, lack of exercise, poor diet and hypertension.

*** Chronic Lower Respiratory disease is highly correlated with cigarette smoking

*** Accidents are not impacted by aerobic gardening.

*** Pneumonia & Influenza are not directly impacted by aerobic gardening.

Note: Deaths from Aids has dropped significantly in the last few years with approximately 24,014 in 1998, I think there were around 21,000 in 1999 (not positive on that fact).

http://www.ritecode.com/aerobicgardening/topkill.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will fight untill it is a crime to have anyone in a car under the age of 17

MABDBC (Men Aginst the Brutal Death of Babies in Cars)

SKS
    Su-16
    K98
    Ar-15(fab-10)M4
  • Options
    andy12390andy12390 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my idea of the whole thing is that a gun will not jump up and pull its own trigger. you need a human to do it, who then becomes a criminal NOT THE GUN!!!. the only reason for deaths from firearms are eigther from accidents (people who dont have common sense, or unfortuneatley children which then its the parents fault.) or a criminal. at the moment i am only 14 and figured out this theory 2 years ago.

gfegfdh
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good point Andy. I laid my loaded 1911 on a table and watched it for hours. It never moved. I even left it alone after carefully noting it's exact position, went to the restroom and came back. As before, it hadn't moved. I thought maybe I was nuts (just a bit) so I went out on the patio for a while and had a beer, and when I came back in, it was still exactly where it had been. I guess I have a well trained, well disciplined 1911.

John

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote: Good point Andy. I laid my loaded 1911 on a table and watched it for hours. It never moved. I even left it alone after carefully noting it's exact position, went to the restroom and came back. As before, it hadn't moved. I thought maybe I was nuts (just a bit) so I went out on the patio for a while and had a beer, and when I came back in, it was still exactly where it had been. I guess I have a well trained, well disciplined 1911.

John

Thats Great!

MABDBC (Men Aginst the Brutal Death of Babies in Cars)

SKS
    Su-16
    K98
    Ar-15(fab-10)M4
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess if other people blame guns for deaths, then I can blame the gun for those two misses I had at a USPSA match today??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would blame liberal trial lawyers for making the gun so nervous that it just 'hiccuped' a couple of times. Your gun never knows when it is going to be the defendant in a gun trial, you know?

John