In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Something to think about

mosin manmosin man Member Posts: 131 ✭✭
Since a firearms manufacturer or dealer can be held liable if a firearm they made or sold is used in a crime think about this: Automobile manufacturers and dealers being held liable if a automobile they biult or sold is used in a crime or results in the death or injury of any person(s). Biusnesses being held liable for not provideing a safe enviroment for patrons or employees if they ban the carrying of firearms on the premises and a crime is committed wich results in the injury or death of patrons or employees. A ladder manufacturer or the store wich sells the ladder being held liable because the person who used it fell off resulting in injury or death. I mean the possibilities are endless. Maybe the NRA should support some law suites of this nature and argue that if the firearms manufactures and dealers are liable for the misuse of their product then so should manufacturers and service providers be liable when there products, services, or rules cause injury or death to anyone.

Comments

• Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In almost every instance, firearms being the notable exception, products whose designs were flawed ARE held liable. Firestone tires on Ford Explorers for example, or non-fire retardant pj's for kids...
    though I find that one a stretch.

Just my $0.02 worth

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    thedrifters1thedrifters1 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that was what he was saying, 'FLAWED' If its flawed the OWNER gets to sue, he was stating if I shoot your wife using Smith & blabla's gun, you can sue them, so why not if I run over your wife with my Ford truck you should be able to sue Ford.[?]
    He did kinda get sidetracked on the ladder stuff, but if he'd put it like 'I was carry the ladder and struck a guy and killed him the wife then could sue the ladder manufacture'

I guess just my $0.01 1/2 worth[:o)]
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't laugh about the ladder. I work for a construction equipment sales and rental company. Guy comes in one Friday afternoon, had a beer..or two...rents a 16' step ladder. Brings it back in on Monday. A couple of weeks after that, we get sued by him 'cause he fell off the ladder and fractured his wrist. We fought the suit, almost everyone had to give a deposition, lawyer types videotaping the ladder in every conceivable position. His friends said he had been drinking quite a bit, and when the ladder tipped over, he was standing on the very top of the ladder where it states NO STEP. However, when he went to the hospital to get his wrist x-rayed, they did not do a tox screen on him. Long story short, we had to shell out $250,000.00. Oh..and he had to buy us a new ladder.

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"