In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

closer to Sept. and November

hatchettmanhatchettman Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
What do you feel will happen to the firearms industry do to the sept. brady bill and what about the Presidental election and its effect on the industry?????

Comments

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If by "sept. brady bill" you mean the lapse in the Federal AWB, then I don't think this will change the industry much. Several states have already passed their own permanent AWBs, so those folks won't see any difference. I don't know if the lapse of the Fed AWB will allow the manufacture or importation of new firearms, or if it only covers sale of existing arms. Maybe somebody can clear that up for me.

As for the election, I don't think it will change things much immediately, as far as firearms are concerned. Kerry I am sure will be all for increasing gun laws, but it is really up to Congress to feed them to him. Bush is staying away from the gun issue like the plague, so I don't see him advocating the repeal of any gun laws. I think Bush even said he would sign a renewal of the Fed AWB if it came across his desk. So basically we are screwed either way. The advantage with Bush is that he would hopefully appoint a conservative judge to the Supreme Court, if the opportunity arrises. This is important in case the 2nd Amendment issue finally gets pushed to the Supremes. But I don't think that Bush will use "pro-gun" as a litmus test for a Supreme Court nominee.

We are basically screwed.

-WW

"...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.