In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

question

aleksaleks Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
please,help me ! i'm NYC resident and want to buy RUGER mini-30 or RUGER 44-magnum.but nobody sure - is it legal in NYC,or not and why???

Comments

• Options
    aleksaleks Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You live in a state that requires a license to own firearms. Let's say moving is not an option. You get one and it is due for renewal. You are totally against the requirement for one in the first place. Do you not renew and wait for them to come get the guns? Hope they forget about you and take your chances? Not get one at all when you move there and take your chances?

Just curious as to some opinions. Remember, moving is not an option. Not moving there is not an option.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    NYC became a rabidly anti-gun city simply because the citizens let the politicians do it. That is the "why" you asked about.

I have no specific info for you (others will, I'm sure) but I am guessing a Mini-30 and the 44 mag would be illegal in NYC.

Surely you can go on line and check the NYC rules and laws pertaining to firearm ownership as well as all other laws.

Good luck and try to get the he!! or of there!

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with TR. Get out of New York. If they won't give you guns, don't be giving them your tax money.
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    I agree.....find a way......GET OUT......