In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Weapons collections..

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
Before filling out that next innocuous NRA questionaire about how many guns you own..ect....read some of this...
http://www.bicc.de/helpdesk/methods/guide1.html

Weapons Collection: A Step-by-Step Guide
Stage I: Preliminary Assessment

Before launching a weapons collection program, it is imperative to assess the situation in the targeted area. Without a thorough understanding of the situation, it is not possible to decide whether or not it is feasible and desirable to conduct a weapons collection or destruction program in this environment.

When conducting interviews with the local population, one needs to be cautious in deciding who should perform this task. While various groups, including security and military forces may participate in the assessment the interviewers themselves should not belong to a group that may be seen as a threat.
(I resized this for the dramatics..)

There are two types of factors that should be analyzed: Basic factors and factors specific to weapons.

The following list suggests topics that should generally be examined in a preliminary assessment. However, in each particular case, some topics may not be relevant, and others not mentioned below may need to be added.

Take a look at just some of the forces fielded against you..well funded,well placed...http://www.bicc.de/helpdesk/organizations/organizations.html

Comments

• WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't recall receiving an NRA questionairre that has ever asked me that. If you have received one then I would definitely be concerned.

I would consider that no different than a doctor or government agency asking me the same question. Just because the NRA is an "ally" doesn't mean they have a right to ask that question, in fact they should be even more aware of the fact that they should not ask that question.

I will keep an eye out for NRA "weapons inspectors".

-WW

"...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    NRA membership provides a $1,000.00 in insurance coverage for firearm loss. If the NRA truly wanted to track your gun ownship the would require that to get the coverage you had to list each and every gun you wanted covered. I don't recall the NRA EVER asking any specific questions about my gun ownership. In fact I would term that idea as an unfair exaggeration that the stealth anti-gunners would love to see widely spread.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    All right..they don't ask how many guns you have.

Do they ask about this or that gun control law..what you think about it ?
    They ever ask you 'about' how much money you make ?...I really don't know..because for about 10 years,anything from the NRA except the magazine goes into the trash,unopened....
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    the NRA is not your enemy, merely an imperfect friend. And we all have a lot of those which we choose to keep, just as we are imperfect friends to them.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Once again,Friend Fox;

My friends,even inperfect friends..do not work hand in glove with UnAmerican politicians to remove my rights...

No American statesman would EVER attempt to disarm citizens...and only queslings would aid and abet those who would.

Those who chose to help destroy freedoms..OUGHT to be disarmed..the quicker the better.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    I seem to remember something about a list years ago on that..I do not remember it being a questionare however.It was MANY years ago now,25 or more,perhaps it is different these days...
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, my doctor asked me about guns in the house. Once. I got a new doctor. If the NRA sends me a questionnaire about my guns, they'll not get an answer. And if someone knocks on my door and starts asking about my guns, I'll introduce them to one of my 1911's.

It's as simple as that.

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    I'm with you brother........