In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

weapons ban

rovrmanrovrman Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
What exactly will it mean to an average joe who owns a few guns? JUst a lug and high cap mags?

french people don't speak german, thank my dad for that

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Just one tiny step back towards sanity...and Constitutional law.I can understand why the average Joe could give a sh** less about it.

He**..the average gun owner is just barely smart enough to figure out the slimy politicians removed some more RIGHTS with this law...
  • Options
    AdironduckAdironduck Member Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]I think you are right Highball.Hunters are not the brightest bulb on the tree!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I may now be the brightest bulb on the tree but you guys still didn't give a straight answer. Maybe you aren't the brightest bulb and don't know the anwer. It's a pretty simple question. I'll go back to general topics where people are closer to normal. Sorry to step into your little world of "the government hates me and I'm to paronoid to sleep". You guys maybe need to lighten up a little.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Rovrman, I apologize for my previous remark as it did appear that I was attacking you personally. That was not my intent. I have been a hunter and an avid supporter of our second ammendment rights for many years and am totally disgusted by the fact that most "hunters" do nothing to support their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
    I do not wish to get into a debate with you over this issue but I will ask that you read The Second Ammendment Primer by Les Adams. The book is available, I believe, from Palladium Press. If you are one of the many Americans that mistakingly believes that the second ammendment exists so that you can hunt; you will find this book very enlightening.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    AD,I'll to read it. no personal insult taken but I'm not a real big hunter, just like to collect guns. I don't really see what all the hype is unless you are concerned that the weapons ban was just the first strike against us. If that is what everyone is concerned about, I to, am concerned but not enough to hate the government yet. I don't believe that the weapons ban really effects me as a person unless I'm personally attacked. Thanks for clearing that up. It came across as all hunter being red neck idiots. I am not a hunter but am a red neck idiot! ha ha
    Joe

• Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first attack on our freedom was the NFA of 1934. All guns, short barreled as well as silenced and fully automatic should be legal.

The sad part of hunters is that a lot of them are only concerned with keeping their bolt action rifles or pump action shotguns. Hunting has nothing to do with the second amendment, and the sooner people wake up and smell the coffee, the better off we will be.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rovrman ;
    I correctly interpreted your post..the first time.

22,000 gun laws do not bother you much,I guess...I wonder...ever read this ?

"A well regulated militia,being necessary to the security of a free state,the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".....

Assault weapons are the ONLY WEAPONS covered under this Second Amendment..and that includes 'High capacity magazines"...I don't know what you collect..but if it doesn't have a military application..they can be removed from you,under the Constitution....

Your dismissal of me as being 'paranoid'..I accept with honor.The Queselings knew that the Founders were fanatically paranoid,also..as did the Tories and other British sycophants..
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball, I understand your belief of the constitution. I'm with you. However I don't believe it is constitutional to ban bolt action / single shot guns just because they are not "military". I believe you support bolt guns, etc. You're just using this as an example. The government shouldn't ban any guns.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Of course,dsmith.

Trying to make a point..double-barreled 'gentlemans' guns may..perhaps..be denied under a strict interpetation of the Second...I have seen pretty good arguments made in that direction..when trying to stir 'gentlemen' to action.

You know.."the assault weapons are bad " crowd....these pretty guys just disgust me,if you must know.

Naturally,being a primal,paranoid mouth-breather..I will defend even pretty guys RIGHTS to own double-barrel 20,000 dollar shotguns...and despise every one of them willing to trade off a black rifle owners rights to protect their own...

Now you also see why I think the NRA is a bag of dung...
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rovrman,
    To answer your question. The sunset of the ban is not going to mean much of anything to the "average" Joe. Other than the hi (full) capacity magazine part of the ban, the whole ban was mostly "cosmetic" anyway. Being able to put a bayonet lug, and a pistol grip, with an extended mag, etc. on a rifle/shotgun will not effect a very large portion of the "average" gun collectors out there. It is not so much what the ban, "banned" as the fact that it was one more step in their never-ending assault on our rights. To have even ONE unconstitutional gun law disappear is a victory of sorts. Just the fact that it was not re-instituted in time, might give some a glimmer of hope.

Now please do not take this the wrong way, as we all started out somewhat ignorant of the facts. But with your following statement, it shows that you need to get educated. This is not the FIRST strike on our rights. It is not even the 10,000 and first. There are over 20,000 UNCONSTITUTIONAL gun laws that "they" have already struck with. How many strikes does it take?

quote:Originally posted by rovrman
    I don't really see what all the hype is unless you are concerned that the weapons ban was just the first strike against us. If that is what everyone is concerned about, I to, am concerned but not enough to hate the government yet. I don't believe that the weapons ban really effects me as a person unless I'm personally attacked.

They came for the bazookas and grenades, I didn`t say anything, I didn't have any bazookas or grenades.

They came for the machine guns, I didn`t say anything, I didn't have a machine gun.

They came for the assault rifles, I didn`t say anything, I didn't have an assault rifle.

They came for the pistols, I didn`t say anything, I didn't have any pistols.

Oh GOD, HELP.........they are coming for my hunting rifle,
    PLEASE.....is there anyone left who will help me???

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    2gun2gun Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well according to the wackos who know nothing about guns it means....

1. drive by bayonettings will be killing many innocents
    2. the dreaded evil feature will cause mayhem and attacks on police to rise
    3. all these banned weapons will now be available again causing a plethora of machineguns to hit the streets
    4. it has been documented by many gun ban organizations that a blacker rifle can spray bullets faster than a wood stocked semi auto because the blackness gives it military abilities.

i could go on but the reality is ....not much in spite of the hype.. ive never had a need for a bayonet and doubt i will.
    the more important ban that needs to be tackled is the bush sr exec. order banning the import of certain weapons for the same reasons. youd figure that republicans would be progun and not banners but it seems the worst bans have been enacted by the guys we are supposed to trust. i wonder if it tells us something

happiness is a warm gun, preferably preban
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "These guns will be sold at gun shows where there are no background checks, the perfect place for terrorists and other criminals to acquire the means to wreak havoc in our country. They will be sold by unscrupulous gun shops to "straw" purchasers, or careless proprietors will "lose" them and the guns will surface in crimes as happened with the D.C. sniper."

This is an excerpt from a letter to the editor which appeared in my local newspaper on August 26, 2004. This anti second ammendment zealot was attemting to inspire and scare people into contacting their representative and forcing this out of committee before it sunsets on 9/13/04. Letters like this are appearing in newspapers all over the nation.If this does'nt open your eyes and scare the pi** out of you then God Help Us.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    It does scare me. Good Gawd, if criminals can smuggle truck loads of illegal aliens and illegal drugs into this country they can (and probably are) already smuggling illegal guns into this country. No criminal or terrorist needs to run the risk of getting caught or tracked by purchseing a gun at a dealer or a gun show. Besides, if gun control laws work, and it is already illegal for a terroist to purchase a gun, why isn't there an ATFE agent there to catch that illegal purchaser before he leaves?

And I don't recall ever seeing Osma Bin Laden at any of the gun shows I have been to.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    O.K. guys, I now have a better understanding of what this all means. I guess I should take this subject a little more seriously than I have. I just find it hard to believe that one day the government will knock on everyones door to retreive all firearms. Don't you believe that its too big of an undertaking for the government to do? I see your side more clearly and will take it more seriously from now on. Didn't mean to cause a rucus.

french people don't speak german, Thank my dad for that!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Those of us stepping into the breech of freedoms..attempting to stem the bleeding of precious rights....
    Have history to guide us.Anytime power is granted to a few men...they abuse it. As the power grows ever greater..the temptation to grab more power springs anew in the breast of a certain type man..the type that gravitate to public office.

Firarms are 'liberties teeth' a phrase given to us by a long ago dead man...a man gifted with intelligence..and a recognition that freedom only exists as long as men will step into the breech...Firearms are a tool tyrants fear...so they make 22,000 gun laws, and work ceaselessly behind the scenes to weaken the resolve of decent men....

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??