In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Manufacturers & Gun Laws

mixontourmixontour Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
I find it ironic that a good number of gun manufacturers are in New York,Connecticut, Massachussetts, and they have some of the most stringent anti gun legislation.

Any thoughts?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The people up there seem to elect garbage year after year to congress..my guess is that really the gun-makers aren't ' pro-gun'..just making profits.

Just a guess,of course....
    These companies were mostly formed in the last century....when the conventional wisdom dictated that a gun was a necessary tool...and the NorthEast was the manufacturing base for America..

Today,were I to run a gun manufacturing business...I would hunt up a gun friendly state to give my tax money to...
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've often wondered about that myself. Remington and Kimber are both New York based. S&W is Massachusetts..er..Massivetaxits..and why they would stay in a state that taxes their * off and has such a virulent anti-gun posture is beyond me. Perhaps they need to rethink their position and threaten the convening government authorities with moving their operations to a state/locale that is more friendly to their industry, and leaving them with a shrinking tax base.

Of course, on the other hand, they may be physically based in New York and New England and incorporated in Delaware which has some very business favorable incorporation laws.

Just a thought...

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"