In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kerry/Edwards and Gun Rights ...............

Gunslinger1Gunslinger1 Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
Here is a VERY interesting and informative site on Kerry/Edwards position(s) on our Firearm Rights:

http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/

Just about what I thought !!! [:(!]

gunfighter.gif Visit GUNSLINGER or E-Mail us HERE usaflag.gif

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No surprises here.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right.... Kerry supports hunting and fishing, as long as we don't use lead sinkers in the water, and don't hurt any fish, and as long as our hunting trips never result in a shot fired from our fully registered muzzle loaders at poor defenseless wildlife. And get this: We can take our licensed muzzle loaders out of the police barracks any time we state in writing where we are hunting, and for how long. Even the Constitutional Party doesn't give us Gun Owners such a good deal.
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've said it before, in another forum, but I will state it again. Everyone remember back when the legislation to ban frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers was taking place? It was in March or April, I think, but maybe it was late February....anyway, Kerry AND Edwards both came off the campaign trail to vote AGAINST limiting the lawsuits. It was also Kerry's first senate vote of the 2004 calendar year.

Additionally, Kerry has said many times that he supports hunting. However, hunting and firearms are not necessarily combined activities. He is anti-gun, his 'rabbi,' Teddy 'the Hut' Kennedy is anti-gun, and almost every democrat senator is anti-gun. Do you recognize names like Hillary Clinton, Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Carl Levin, Charles Schumer, Frank Lautenberg, and Mary Landrieu? If not, you need to pay more attention!! With the exceptions of Levin and Landrieu, the rest of that named group represent those states that gun ownership is heavily licensed/restricted.

Just thought I'd weigh in....

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • Options
    ColoradoJeffColoradoJeff Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The votes took place on March 2, 2004. You can get more info about it at www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/march2.htm.

One of the bills voted on was the 'Cop Killer Bullet Ban'. I could outlaw MANY commonly used calibers for civilian use - more info at www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/ammo.htm
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kinda like Christians for Satan, isn't it?

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    ColoradoJeffColoradoJeff Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunphreak: If you are suggesting that www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com is not on the right tract, I would suspect that you have not seen the site. It is not what you probably expect.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw it, but there is another group of GwG people who are calling themselves "Sportsmen for Kerry" apparently, gun owners in SUPPORT of Kerry/Edwards. The name has turned up in certain mags and other sources, and was prompted by American for Gun Confiscation (Safety).

In other words, Christians for Satan.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.