In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kerry - AWB

Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, Kerry has made it official, or could he be waffling (flip flopping) AGAIN? Kerry has stated that if elected he will ram an AWB bill through the congress.

For those of you who might have forgotten, Kerry's first vote in the senate this calendar year was when he, and Edwards, came off the campaign trail to vote for an extension of the AWB.

Now that it has sunsetted, at least temporarily, are you willing to vote for Kerry and see if he doesn't keep his word on this?

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson

Comments

• Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would never vote for a Demonkrat. As far as I'm concerned, there are no pro-gun Demonkrats.

I will generally only vote for the most pro-gun, pro-life candidate. If the Demonkrats are better on all issues but gun rights, I will have to vote for the Republicans.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Salvage33
    Well, Kerry has made it official, or could he be waffling (flip flopping) AGAIN? Kerry has stated that if elected he will ram an AWB bill through the congress.

And what is your point? GW said he would sign the AWB if it reaches his desk. The AWB is a non issue, because both candidates support it.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Salzo,

Big difference in passively waiting for the time to run out while paying political lip service to the moderates, and actively 'ramming' a ban through Congress.

Scrappy Doo sleeps with the fishes.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    salzo,

You have a point, but it sounded to me like Prez Bush was trying to keep everyone happy. He was probably fully aware that the ban would not reach his desk, so therefore, tell the people what he thinks they want to hear, knowing full well, he lived up to his part... there's only so much he can do, right?

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.