In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

National Gun Rights Protection Act

CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
Wouldn't it be nice if congress passed a law that made it illegal for states to make laws pertaining to possesion and registration of firearms that are stricter than federal law?
I know some states have provisions whereby counties/citys/town cant pass stricter ordinances than the state law.
I think CA has a better chance of becoming gun friendly if the rest of the nation forces us to allow "Assault Weapons"
Just a law passed by congress stating "No State shall enact a law prohibiting the manufacture or sale of any firearm or magazine that is allowed under federal law" would be great. The only states the law would piss off would be states that aren't going to vote republican anyway, so there shouldnt be any risk of loosing a voter base if the party decides to do this.
One federal law limiting our rights gone, now lets get a law that gets those rights back for people who live in states that still withhold those rights.

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They didn't need to. It's called the 2nd Amendment.

Don't get me wrong, here. You have every right to get any gun you want. Just because that right is denied, does not mean it isn't there.

The 9th Amendment provides that you have more rights than are listed (which differs from the government, which is limited to what is written). The 10th Amendment states that the powers not listed in the Constitution, nor prohibited by the Constitution are reserved for the States AND TO THE PEOPLE respectively. The right to keep and bear arms IS COVERED by the Constitution, therefore, the States can do nothing to prohibit or restrict that right, nor can the federal government put new limits in it.

They do, as you and I both know, and I am sure they will continue to not respect others' rights. Keep in mind, if you choose to disobey their edict, and do it anyway, they will enforce the Malum prohibitum edict upon you. That is my disclaimer to you. Do what you wish, but be full aware of it's possible consequences. This is NOT legal advice.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    gunphreak: sure is good to see you posting more often.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was thinking what tr fox said. [;)]

CA sucks, what gunphreak said.
    Illegal laws......ALL of them.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    I know it is a right, and in addition to the 10th ammendment, the 14th ammendment also says that states cannot deprive people of the rights/ privlidges/ immunities of a US Citizen. The problem is California law infringes on my rights, and the CA state supreme court and legislature dont care. The only options to get CA to taking away our rights would be a supreme court ruling or an act of congress. A supreme court ruling would require someone to be convicted under a law that abridged their rights first, it could ruin that individuals life. An act of congress risks far less.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    It's about time gunny!
    And as usual, you are exactly right and fully detailed. Thanks for doing our homework on a subject we should all be better educated on.

jpwolf.gifawcountdown_sm.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
    edited November -1
    I have another solution....

MOVE!!

You are in a kommunist state right now, and you need to find a new home, where the neighbors abroad, in general, share your beliefs. That, all by itself will change the ability to acquire whatever you want.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is another option here...vote the idiots out of office. Find some attorneys who will pro bono a case against the state and/or attorney general for suborning the the Constitution of the United States...particularly the 2nd Amendment.

If you don't do something, you have two choices..go along with their draconian statutes or move.

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
    edited November -1
    You know what I think? In order for the people to realize there's a problem, you can't give them a hypothetical situation. What you have to do instead is to make them suffer that situation.

If you are a resident of a gun kontrol state, I suggest you move and leave them to the mercy of the gangs and crimelords. Apparently, DC isn't a big enough indicator on the woes of viktim disarmament. Something the size of the entire left coast, on the other hand....

...but I want all the true patriots out of harm's way, and to catalyze this occurence. Let the foolish be the victims, for that is the natural law of everything.

Death to Tyrants!!!