In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
[img]C:\Documents and Settings\Billy Page\My Documents\Matt's folder\kerryban.jpg[/img]
http://www.drudgereport.com/dncg.htm

Was Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun which would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 last year ("The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003) which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip."

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the "pistol grip," as loosely defined in the bill. [Section SEC. 2; (H) (ii) and (b)(42): "The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip."]

Kerry was presented with the semiautomatic shotgun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

But Kerry's gun bill would have also banned any "gift" transaction!

[It is not clear if Kerry completed the required paperwork (Form 4473) before he claimed the gun.]

Developing...

Comments

• Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well...if you haven't figured it out by now, let me 'splain it to you. There are two sets of rules, one is for Kerry and the elites, and the other is for the rest of us. Oh..by the way, those elites I mentioned include the likes of Feinstein, Schumer, H. Clinton, Carl Levin, Barbara Boxer, Frank Lautenberg, John Corzine, etc. And those are just the senators!

Sort of a do as I say, not as I do thing.

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Salvage33
    Well...if you haven't figured it out by now, let me 'splain it to you. There are two sets of rules, one is for Kerry and the elites, and the other is for the rest of us. Oh..by the way, those elites I mentioned include the likes of Feinstein, Schumer, H. Clinton, Carl Levin, Barbara Boxer, Frank Lautenberg, John Corzine, etc. And those are just the senators!

Sort of a do as I say, not as I do thing.

You left quite a few off your list.
    George Bush, Bill Frist, Voinivich, McCain, Denny Hastert, Warner, Gordon Smith, Olympia Snow, Libby Dole- who all happen to be Republicans. I noticed your list didnt have any with Rs after their name.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • remrocremroc Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please name the Republicans that cosponsored S1431.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Senator DeWine did. I will be voting him out next chance I get, along with Voinovich, and I'll be damned if I vote for Taft, either.

But salzo, you have to admit, the voting records of the Demonktats that were listed, where gun kontrol is concerned, still have more notoriety, even if it does not expunge the rest of these traitors to the US Constitution (there are so many, I know).

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    This isn't about "whos on the list" Its about a nut waving around a gun he wanted to ban. Even if we were talkin "a list" how many of those other folks were photograhed at a rally wielding something they wished was illegal. We aren't talkin about what others voted for, at least not in this thread. This post is in reference to what he wanted to ban, yet looked more then thrilled to be given.
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He was hoping we wouldn't remember his proposed legislation and was just getting in a photo op to convince us * gunowners that he's one of us. He supports hunting you know. Which really has nothing to do with his position on firearms. I wonder if Teddy the Hut really tells him what his opinion is going to be?

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Message here:

"It doesn't apply to me."

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.