In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

food for thought

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take every thing you have. Thomas Jefferson

Owning a gun is a privilege...they can be taken away.

All gun owners from one state to another should work and stand together.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by alledan
    On the T.V.,radio, in newspapers,magazines etc. every pro-gun advocate is continuing to repeat the same old thing..."the AWB wasn't any good to begin with...all it was is cosmectic....there was alwyays AWs out there".

The question is....isn't this working for the other side?

Knowing the anti-gun crowd like i do, when the next AWB bill comes along I think they will be saying the same thing and having pro-gun advocates to back them up which may make it easier to get a more hard hitting ban thru congress. All they would have to do is roll the T.V. footage with us cutting our own throats.

Maybe it's my own paranoia but i think we may have become our own worst enemy.

Seems almost like a set-up to me!

JMHO!

M16.gif

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!

You make a good point. When the AW ban renewal was tacked onto the bill to prevent gun manufacturer's from being sued, we played right into their hands. Many said the the AW ban extension would have been stripped from the bill in conference committee.

It also irks me when the anti-gunners are doing a petition and someone says, "Let's sign it with funny names" or "let's overload their servers" You know that they will just use the raw numbers to crow about their cause and not mention that "Strong Arm Robber" wants to see more gun control.

If we could just get 80% of the pro-gun people to sign up for the NRA and the GOA for one six year election cycle, we could do some political good.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

Lafayette.gif

Not a member at the auction? Join Gunbroker at this link!
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've said something very similar to that for years, now.

But while I am saying that, let me expand on it.

1. We need to focus on individual rights over the "greatest good for the greatest number." Who made the liberals God? They should have no say about what we use to protect ourselves from the bad guy any more than we have the right to force them to accept responsibility for their own safety.

2. We need to abhor ALL viktim disarmament schemes, not give premise to another scheme, just because it is a less direct assault. EX> "We don't need more laws. We need to enforce the ones on the book." BS. We need to enforce NONE of them. All are a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

3. A defensive position on gun kontrol is a losing position. Rather than beat around the bush and not try to expose them for liars, let'em have it. And when the assault ends, tell the people MORE! And don't justify the position with statistics alone, or first. Make them look like idiots (because it is exposing the truth). "Funny, I've never seen a gun load itself and start randomly killing people, have you?". Or "When was the last time a gang war erupted to the tune of bayonet charges?"

4. No compromise!! As an example, I don't care if 80% of marriages end in divorce. the honorable 20%'s rights to be married are just, and should not be abolished because of the acts of others. We are not taking this, and we won't accept no for an answer.

5. Don't try to reason with a fool. They won't get it. And don't argue with an idiot. They'll just bring you down to their level, and then beat you with the home court advantage. Logic vs. Emotion. It shouldn't be this way, but stupid people have to have their thoughts imputed in them and logic doesn't always seem to work.

6. Be ready to overrule their trump card. The Race card and the Homophobe card. Tell the accuser who the real racist and homophobe are (not you). Let the Black community know that in the course of 50 years, disarmament laws passed by democrats targeted blacks, allowing nearly 4000 of them to be lynched by klansmen with no way of battling back. Let them know what could have saved a homosexual from being beaten to death by a "homophobe" (I hate this word). And do it briefly and make it good and short.

Aggressive debate leaves these rehabs speechless. Don't let them get the jump on you. Advise your leaders to do the same.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Great post gunphreak......Thank you!
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope everyone here realizes that the next assault on guns will happen right after the elections...and there is already a hue and cry among the media about how "assault weapons" are now flooding our streets and communities! What a load of horse manure!!!

We all need to write, call, fax, email those media outlets who are leading the histrionics, and ask them to TRUTHFULLY report or shut the hell up. Well, that last might not be considered polite, but you get my drift on it.

So far I have managed to irritate all three local tv stations, and the local bird cage liner. I love it.

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A local TV station that I wrote to, surprised me. They did not reply to my email, but they did give a pretty fair and balanced report the next time they did a segment on the AWB. They showed only semi-auto fire, explained the difference between machine guns and semi-autos. Even said that the "assault weapons" that everyone was screaming over, have been available the whole time, and it was just cosmetics that was banned. Will wonders never cease? Maybe my email helped.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warning:

I keep hearing people who are supposed to be on our side of this issue keep repeating something very disturbing, and we need to address it.

According to many, the anti-gunners' hearts are in the right place, they just are misled.

Bull. BS!!! Their hearts are not in the right place. They are more concerned about ridding the populace of their best defense against enemies of every make and model, due to fear, personal beliefs, or whatever other cowardly ends they can dream up, INCLUDING GENOCIDE!!!! And they aren't misled either. They know exactly what they're doing. They know they're trying to impose their own will on someone else, they just won't admit it.

My proof:

If this was a genuine concern, they would speak the truth concerning the issue, and gain their support based on the truth.

But they don't. Everything that comes out of their mouth is meant to deceive, and every word is a lie.

This is why they are the enemy. Or at least they should be. And if not, Why not?

During the Klinton administration, our 'fearless' leaders refrained at all costs from laying the title 'liar' where it belonged, because "we need to garner support, and name-calling isn't the way to do it".

Well, they took a big step by laying the title where it belongs, now. Perhaps they took a page from the anti-gunners' handbook on demonizing their opponents to gain support, which worked, by the way.

So, now, we are involved in a culture war involving our side, misnamed 'gun nuts', versus their side, which we call "liars".

Any idea how things might turn out if the war was suddenly shifted to make our enemies "traitors", or "kommies" or "criminal advocates"?

My guess would be that it would rename us in the public's eye as "Rightful Patriots" vs. "Sozialist Kommies".

And I really doubt any media outlet would want anything to do with the position of being aligned with Kommies.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.