.

Kerry

yachtdaveyachtdave Member Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
In appearances in battleground states, Kerry has frequently portrayed himself as friendly to hunters and other sportsmen and sportswomen. At a Labor Day campaign stop in West Virginia this week, the Massachusetts senator displayed a union-made shotgun the president of the United Mine Workers, Cecil Roberts, gave him.

LaPierre said the shotgun Kerry displayed during his recent West Virginia appearance would be banned under a bill Kerry co-sponsored.[?]

dave

Comments

  • yachtdaveyachtdave Member Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did anyone see the knox report in shotgun news about kerry voting to try and ban any round that can penetrate a police vest? hunters beware
  • 2gun2gun Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    try to remember, the second amendment isnt about hunting, or plinking, its about defense from tyranny both abroad and domestic. its about the right of self defense. hunting is a privilege that requires the taking of safety classes and purchasing of stamps and tags.if hunting was a right there would be more cases arguing against local ordinances banning hunting (with a rifle in certain areas).

    so kerry is pro hunter, great, thats means we can be limited to bolt action rifles and pump shotguns with the bolts safely stored at our local police station till we need them for hunting. thats doesnt mean he's pro second amendment any more than the union supporting him means that he will raise the minimum wage
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    2gun: exactly.

    Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • remrocremroc Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last year Kerry cosponsered Senate bill 1431. It was similar to the Clinton gun ban but carried it much further. It would have banned semiauto shotguns that have a pistol grip! That is about 99% of semiauto shotguns. The bill died a much deserved death. The union presented Kerry with a Remington 11-87 that he displayed proudly. This is a gun he labeled an assult weapon in the Senate bill.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I was told at work today that Kerry said 'most guns ought to be banned..and I will try to do just that..'...
    Anyone verify this ? I will start shaking door knobs tomorrow,if he did....Working to get him elected.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ISN'T THE BROWNING SHOTGUN THE KERRY WAS HOLDING MADE IN JAPAN??

    I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball, why would you want Kerry to get elected? Dubya is better than Kerry. Are you intent on destroying this country?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The point is simply this.

    The quicker some Politician has the courage to stand up and ram thru a total or nearly total ban on guns....The quicker the remnent American's can take this country back.

    Wouldn't you love to live in a free country ?
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I ain't gettin' any younger.

    Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

    Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

    Luke 22:36.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    We persist in breaking our hearts,fighting battles that cannot be won..the other side just shifts the ground around.Honorable men fight honorably...we lose before we start.

    Only one slim hope left..in my opinion,after being in the arena for 40 years.....

    We must withdraw from futher fruitless clashes with the Socialists and their fellow travelers in the positions of power..we must conserve our strengths..and strengthen our weaknesses.

    The best course is to allow those who would sell out and destroy America the rope to completely commit themselves...and then be around to pick up the pieces.
  • paulbyrdpaulbyrd Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone else think this Highball guy is a complete moron?? I hope one of these days all off these ignorant anti-gun people are in a life or death situation and they are in need of a gun!!! Then maybe they will wake up and realize what dumb F**** they are. I keep wondering to myself when this world is going to wake up and realize that PRESIDENT BUSH has done a lot of good for our country. I'm sure keeping my fingers crossed that he's elected for another 4 more years!!!![:)][:)][:)]


    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    I was told at work today that Kerry said 'most guns ought to be banned..and I will try to do just that..'...
    Anyone verify this ? I will start shaking door knobs tomorrow,if he did....Working to get him elected.


    Paul Byrd
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    You've not been here long enough to judge highball in this manner.....Scan backwards...you will find he is more PRO gun than most....
  • paulbyrdpaulbyrd Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice longhunter, guess I just jumped to far on that one.

    quote:Originally posted by longhunter
    You've not been here long enough to judge highball in this manner.....Scan backwards...you will find he is more PRO gun than most....


    Paul Byrd
  • Hunter375Hunter375 Member Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    Highball, why would you want Kerry to get elected? He's not as bad as Dubya. Are you intent on destroying this country?


    [?] this statement makes no sense. from what I can gather, you don't want to see Kerry in office, but you think he would be better than Bush?

    On a side note, gun owners who wish to remain such are single issue voters. And the party for which to vote is Republican. Just look at Brady campaign's list. Most dems get high marks, most Republican senators/congressman scored poorly in their agenda to increase gun control. My district's congressman got 0% from Brady Campaign. Go Tancredo!

    Liberal compassion inhibits progress.........think Republican and prosper!
  • pickenuppickenup Member, Moderator Posts: 22,312 ******
    edited November -1
    Highball, the anti-gun moron.
    I am still laughing.
    Funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

    Thanks for the laugh paulbyrd, but take longhunters advice, real a little more of what Highball has to say in other posts.

    The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter375
    On a side note, gun owners who wish to remain such are single issue voters. And the party for which to vote is Republican.

    Bullsnot. That type of sentiment is a big reason why we have so much gun control. There are plenty of Republicans out there trying to take our guns away. Unfortunately, groups like the NRA are of the same mindset as HGunter375-if you are a republican, then you are awwwwtright as far as guns are concerned.

    "Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I need to refer everyone to my bumper sticker...."My president is Charleton Heston."


    John


    The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • Hunter375Hunter375 Member Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    Bullsnot. That type of sentiment is a big reason why we have so much gun control. There are plenty of Republicans out there trying to take our guns away. Unfortunately, groups like the NRA are of the same mindset as HGunter375-if you are a republican, then you are awwwwtright as far as guns are concerned.


    I never said the GOP was 100% gun friendly, but fact is that 3rd party and independent candidates don't have an icecube's chance in hell, and Democrats are historically (you might say traditionally) unfriendly to gun owners. Are all Dems anti and all Republicans pro? Of course not, but by and large it is pretty easy math. This country is not ready to go libertarian, and likely won't be in my grandchildrens lifetime (BTW I am 22 with no kids yet). So to vote outside of the 2 parties may be noble and it may be what you feel is right, but for now is a wasted vote. Generally speaking, the Libertarian party only draws away Republican votes. I do not follow the GOP lines 100%; I am not a sheep. But I certainly agree way more than I do with the left. And, actually, more than with the Libertarian party.

    I also ask this-the Libertarian party believes it should reform government and give all the power back to the people. With this principle, how exactly do you make this happen as commander and chief of the federal government? Does the party simply wish to dismantle the federal government in 4 years so there are no more presidential elections? While this party has some good ideas, the are out there for the most part and more or less anarchist in nature. Direct democracy does not work in a country of 280 million, most of whom have no business voting in the first place. Besides, with the "every man for himself and all together at once" principle we would slip from a world power to 500 insignificant little republics, all quibling within the US borders. I can see it now "Elizabeth/Kiowa alliance declares war with peoples republic of Boulder".[:p]

    If you have any doubt about which party is better for us, just look here http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/scorecard/scorecard.php?report=all

    Liberal compassion inhibits progress.........think Republican and prosper!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Thanks,fellers....hadn't seen this till tonight..and sure brightened up my evening...[:D] being an "ANTI-Gun Moron"...[:0]..generally they leave the first two words off....[:0][:p][:D]

    Expect me to be the first to stand and say..."I was wrong"..when the second term Bush suddenly becomes pro-gun and using the 'bully pulpit' to advocate sweeping gun law reforms,rolling back Brady and a few thousand other stupid people controlling laws...[:D]

    holding my breath....[:(]
  • carolinaboycarolinaboy Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bush is not my ideal pro-gun candidate; but even at the 60% or so I credit him with is 100% better than Kerry.

    Kerry is so ANTI-GUN that it would be hard NOT to be better than him.

    I think the idea that the takeover by the anti-s and a complete gun ban would hasten the second american revolution has some merit; but the blood would include that of many true americans. Those who have turned their backs on the foundation of this country would be weeded out, but oh, the cost.

    Having said that, my guns are mine; if you want them I will let you have them, but you get the ammo first......... one by one.



    Gun Control = FIRM GRIP!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    carolinaboy Posted - 10/03/2004 : 5:44:14 PM
    quote:.I think the idea that the takeover by the anti-s and a complete gun ban would hasten the second american revolution has some merit; but the blood would include that of many true americans. Those who have turned their backs on the foundation of this country would be weeded out, but oh, the cost.
    Yup..true words.The alternative is to do as we are doing..standing by and watching the destruction of every bit of freedom left.

    Better by far that the Socialists win now...while there are a few good men left.If you have been on this site for awhile...I invite you to think about how many youngsters on here that will obey orders...Of course..there are also many older men who will also..but Quiselings have ALWAYS been part of the mix...
    .
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter375
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    Bullsnot. That type of sentiment is a big reason why we have so much gun control. There are plenty of Republicans out there trying to take our guns away. Unfortunately, groups like the NRA are of the same mindset as HGunter375-if you are a republican, then you are awwwwtright as far as guns are concerned.


    I never said the GOP was 100% gun friendly, but fact is that 3rd party and independent candidates don't have an icecube's chance in hell, and Democrats are historically (you might say traditionally) unfriendly to gun owners. Are all Dems anti and all Republicans pro? Of course not, but by and large it is pretty easy math. This country is not ready to go libertarian, and likely won't be in my grandchildrens lifetime (BTW I am 22 with no kids yet). So to vote outside of the 2 parties may be noble and it may be what you feel is right, but for now is a wasted vote. Generally speaking, the Libertarian party only draws away Republican votes. I do not follow the GOP lines 100%; I am not a sheep. But I certainly agree way more than I do with the left. And, actually, more than with the Libertarian party.

    I also ask this-the Libertarian party believes it should reform government and give all the power back to the people. With this principle, how exactly do you make this happen as commander and chief of the federal government? Does the party simply wish to dismantle the federal government in 4 years so there are no more presidential elections? While this party has some good ideas, the are out there for the most part and more or less anarchist in nature. Direct democracy does not work in a country of 280 million, most of whom have no business voting in the first place. Besides, with the "every man for himself and all together at once" principle we would slip from a world power to 500 insignificant little republics, all quibling within the US borders. I can see it now "Elizabeth/Kiowa alliance declares war with peoples republic of Boulder".[:p]

    If you have any doubt about which party is better for us, just look here http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/scorecard/scorecard.php?report=all

    Liberal compassion inhibits progress.........think Republican and prosper!


    It is THIS mindset that keeps third Party candidates from having ANY real impact...If the people would start thinking for themselves,vote their consience...and stop swallowing what the media and the two Party system feeds them.Well...3rd Parties could overcome the odds...as a matter of fact the voters that do not vote could vote the Two Parties OUT OF OFFICE....We all know that more do not vote than do...Independant thinking is not a party...its Independant thinking.......Period. We just had 2 terms with an Independant Govenor here....It CAN happen
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This may be just a bit off topic, but here is an argument that worked really well for me just last night.

    Was with some friends, and one of them shoots with me, and he asked if I was carrying. I replied "of course." One of the other guys there, we found out, was very anti-gun. He was not foaming at the mouth but was parroting all the anti-gun diatribe, and when he finally summed up his little rant, he asked me why I would even WANT to carry a gun, let alone actually carry one.

    In response, I said the following; Let's say that you and Nancy have been to the theater in the Mall, late movie, and as you come out to go to your car, three guys jump you, knock you down, kick you unconscious and grab Nancy with rape on their mind. At this moment, I drive/walk by, see what it going on. Knowing that I am carrying a pistol, legally, a)do you want me to go on about my business and not interfere, or, b)interfere to save your wife's honor and life, and yours knowing that I MIGHT have to use deadly force in the process?

    He didn't hesitate but blurted that he would want me to intervene on his behalf.

    I rest my case.

    John


    The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • Hunter375Hunter375 Member Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:[
    It is THIS mindset that keeps third Party candidates from having ANY real impact...If the people would start thinking for themselves,vote their consience...and stop swallowing what the media and the two Party system feeds them.Well...3rd Parties could overcome the odds...as a matter of fact the voters that do not vote could vote the Two Parties OUT OF OFFICE....We all know that more do not vote than do...Independant thinking is not a party...its Independant thinking.......Period. We just had 2 terms with an Independant Govenor here....It CAN happen


    So who would you have me vote for? Badnarik??? he is more ambiguous than the John squareds. If the issue was a dice, he gets a 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. I have seen his rhetoric and read his proposals. I might have agreed with him had I only read the parts that are FOR my causes. The only position he really has is that he opposes everything equivacally. I know where GWB stands, and even if I disagree here and there I know what I am voting for. Sorry to dissappoint.

    Liberal compassion inhibits progress.........think Republican and prosper!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The man knows the Constutution..ever occured to you that everything our political leaders are doing NEEDS to be opposed ??

    Gosh..how THAT thought would rock your world...the idea that all those people you INSIST on voting for don't give a rats * about the ideals you Should hold dear...
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter375
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    Highball, why would you want Kerry to get elected? He's not as bad as Dubya. Are you intent on destroying this country?


    [?] this statement makes no sense. from what I can gather, you don't want to see Kerry in office, but you think he would be better than Bush?

    On a side note, gun owners who wish to remain such are single issue voters. And the party for which to vote is Republican. Just look at Brady campaign's list. Most dems get high marks, most Republican senators/congressman scored poorly in their agenda to increase gun control. My district's congressman got 0% from Brady Campaign. Go Tancredo!

    Liberal compassion inhibits progress.........think Republican and prosper!

    I made a typing mistake. I will correct it in my post. I meant to say Dubya's not as bad as Kerry.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter375
    quote:[
    It is THIS mindset that keeps third Party candidates from having ANY real impact...If the people would start thinking for themselves,vote their consience...and stop swallowing what the media and the two Party system feeds them.Well...3rd Parties could overcome the odds...as a matter of fact the voters that do not vote could vote the Two Parties OUT OF OFFICE....We all know that more do not vote than do...Independant thinking is not a party...its Independant thinking.......Period. We just had 2 terms with an Independant Govenor here....It CAN happen


    So who would you have me vote for? Badnarik??? he is more ambiguous than the John squareds. If the issue was a dice, he gets a 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. I have seen his rhetoric and read his proposals. I might have agreed with him had I only read the parts that are FOR my causes. The only position he really has is that he opposes everything equivacally. I know where GWB stands, and even if I disagree here and there I know what I am voting for. Sorry to dissappoint.

    Liberal compassion inhibits progress.........think Republican and prosper!


    You'll get No argument from me that the candidates we have are not the pick of the litter........The point was that it would seem we should get the non-voters out to vote...AND vote our concience....Period.Voting for the one that you are least afraid of is no answer...afraid is afraid......Period.
    Who cares Who gets voted into the office,for most laws etc. they must have congree behind em etc....Vote in Dubya if you think you must,and then start weeding out the 2 party morons in the House and Senate......L.H.
  • skbskeetskbskeet Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The thing that scares me about mr Kerry is that he is all over the board on most issues, gun control included. After watching the VP debate and seeing that Edwards brings nothing to the executive office I can't imagine Kerry leading this nation by himself. Favorite part of the debate was the VP stating that he has never met Edwards. Voting for the lesser of 2 evils again.

    "Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA-- ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State." Heinrich Himmler.
Sign In or Register to comment.