In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ca question...... Rifle Recievers

gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
I know and I understand that there is an "Assault Weapons" ban in Ca.
I was talking to one of my co-workers who said that it was legal to purchase a lower receiver for an AR type rifle. He said he had just ordered one.

So, here goes, is it legal to buy them or not? 'cause hell if not,I'm buying one tomorrow. In my line of work I need it badly.

Thanks .....

Comments

• DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The few Kalifornia cops that are smart enough to know what a banned receiver even looks like would not care unless they're checking out a known criminal or gang member.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • SilverBoxSilverBox Member Posts: 2,347
    edited November -1
    A true AR15 type reciever is illegal in CA. However there is a FAB10 AR-15 style reciever that is legal.

http://www.quarterbore.com/ar15m16/fab10.htm

It has a closed mag well, only holds 10 rounds, and must be loaded by pulling the take down pin and pivoting the upper out of the way and placing 10 rounds into the closed magwell either by striper clip or singles..

Basically they suck, but they are CA legal.
  • gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Defender, I am not concerned with the cops... It's the Lawyer with liberal intentions that I am afraid of. I have tried writing to the state to get certain exceptions made to the Ban, especially for my industry,with no luck. Damn it ,I thought it was too good to be true.