In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New AWB is based on Pistol grips???????

Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thats what the Nra was saying at the gun show saterday. All new weapons with a pistol grip will be banned. All those already out there will be subject to a 50.00 tax fee and registion(SP).

Has anyone heard of this? Is this a part truth or whole?

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/The gun manufacturers are not making a dangerous product.
Bad parents are.

Comments

• haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    Maybe we need to start calling them rifle grips. Keep the pistol grips on the pistol.
  • Ol Grey GhostOl Grey Ghost Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Greetings:

I have a systemic neuromuscular form of rheumatism and I find a pistol grip to be better suited for me to continue shooting even with my disability. I have a Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical with a pistol grip that I shoot skeet and hunt dove and turkey with. My AR-15 clone has a pistol grip (stating the obvious) and so do all my, well, pistols. If they outlaw pistol grips maybe I should file an ADA lawsuit against the government.

What I have heard is that the usual suspects want to have all AW's transfered from standard firearms to become Class III weapons which require more and deeper background checks and a $200.00 tranfer tax which has to be paid every time one is sold and the new buyers have to go through all the other bull already mentioned and the seller must find a Class III dealer to handle the transaction and the bar to become a Class III dealer is going to be raised to cut down on the number of them.

I think this will fly in the new Congress like a lead balloon but gungrabbers are anything if not persistent.

Peter W. Wickham, Jr.
    AKA The Ol' Grey Ghost

"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
    Gen. Robert E. Lee,Army of Northern Virginia, C.S.A. Deo Vindice
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have I heard anything about this? No. Am I surprised? Not at all.

Do I care? Come find out!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."