In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Friend has.....

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
A prior firearm,Federal conviction....can he hunt with/possess a black powder firearm? Or do you know how to find out?.......L.H.

Comments

• Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    longhunter...check with the local parole board or police department. He can also petition the governor of his state for a complete re-instatement of all rights...which might also include gun ownership, right to vote, etc.

I'm sure it all depends on what type of violation it was, also.

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Salvage.......Have passed that along......Thank you ! L.H.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have a co-worker who was jailed for three months for DWI, a felony, and he was paranoid about riding in my truck because I had a couple of guns inside. Didn't want to violate his probation in any shape, fashion, manner, or form.

As it happens, I know his parole officer, and was talking in general about probationers riding in vehicles like mine, and he laughed and said that as long as the probationer wasn't in possession, everything was fine.

Hope your friend can work this out.

John

• Options
    edited November -1
    State laws vary, depending on which state, but federal is federal. I would still check with the local authorities before I ventured out if it were me in this situation. No sense in spending pokey time for a technicality.

John