In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What "Right " will go next ?

dlonewolflldlonewolfll Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
If the second amendment goes to the wayside as many liberals would have it do, which of the next ones will soon follow? The freedom of speech?//// guarantee of freedom from illegal search and seizure?/// Who knows!! But it is definite that they all will soon fall if the "teeth" to the Bill of Rights (the SECOND AMENDMENT) is removed or changed to fit a liberal interpretation.

Of course I am preaching to the saints.....so let's go amoungst the uniformed and spread the word!

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    excellent observation and advice. I'm doing my best.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first amendment is already under attack. Almost as severe as the second amendment.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    Ol Grey GhostOl Grey Ghost Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We can go back as far as the "Alien and Sedition Act" for Jonh Adams to see the attack on the 1st Amendment (not awwowed to say bad things about the pwesident). Political Correctness continues the barrage.

We all know the attacks on the 2nd (preaching to the choir is not a bad thing if you are teaching them how to carry the message).

The 4th, 5th, and 6th are falling apart under our "Wars" that aren't wars (The war on [some] drugs, the war on poverty, the war on illiteracy, the war on obesity, etc.) and the over-zealous people at the IRS (you have to prove you don't owe the taxes before they let you have your house back) or even child protective services (they don't need a warrant to enter your home, take your child, and you have to prove its safe for your child to come back in your home with promises you will attend their indocrination classes and it was a simple accident that happened to all of us when we were kids). They have a legitimate purpose but I think with a little "retooling" most police departments could do the job if not even better.

I think the seventh and eigth are holding up pretty well except for zealous legislators that want to punish you before you are convicted of the crime so that you get to enjoy the fine accomodations of your local jail because they think you must be guilty or you wouldn't be a "person of interest." They set orders for certain crimes that so they don't have to let you out on a reasonable bond or bail.

The ninth died with concern for wildlife conservation as you used to be able to sue someone for shooting a wild game animal on your property because wild game on your property were yours. The government said that the game animals belong to everyone which subsequently means they really don't belong to anyone but the government and they will sue you for killing one of the "people's animals." Add Driver's licenses, Pilot's licenses, Plumber licenses and I think you get the picture.

The tenth died with Lincoln's War and it continues with mandates. The States complain about unfunded mandates when they should be complaining about the very existence of mandates as the Federal government was formed as the servant of the States and not the other way around.

So I believe the next amendment of the Bill of Rights to fall will be the third and the quartering of troops or Federal agents in our homes. Y'all got extra blankets?

"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
    Gen. Robert E. Lee,Army of Northern Virginia, C.S.A. Deo Vindice
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like they went from the top of the list and worked their way on down, doesn't it?

The most successive measures are summarized as the erosion of inalienable rights, not the outright destruction of them....

...get it?!!

It seems to me that the biggest right, the one that protects the most rights is under attack, now, and that is one of many reasons why the guaranteer of those rights must be destroyed by the thoughtcrime police, now.

So fight with all your might.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    tysonagreentysonagreen Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the socond ammendment goes, then the first will soon follow. Without the first a second ammendments we have no way to effect change in our government. At this point the whole constitution is in jeopardy.

Who better to protect the people than the people themselves.
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The second amendment, or as I refer to it, "The Original Homeland Security Act" is under constant assault from so called "liberals" who, in truth are not liberal at all. This act has actually helped preserve the first amendment, but this is being eroded by various pieces of legislation...prime example is the McCain - Feingold Campaign Reform Act. No political speech for or against a federal candidate within 60 days of election.

The current so called "elite" media types are playing into the hands of the element that want to undermine the Constitution, not realizing that they are going to be only the instrument of change, and as soon as the Constitution is null and void, their status will change dramatically, being only an outlet for government propaganda and not a true news gathering organization/network. Then let's see how quick they want to scream that THEIR constitutional rights have been violated.

John

A penny saved is a congressional oversight!