In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GOA (guns of America) wants YOUR opinion.

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
It doesn't matter if you are a GOA member or not. In fact, you are highly encouraged to forward this alert to all of your pro-gun friends and family. The voices and concerns of ALL gun owners in the country need to be represented this year.

Here is your chance to help shape GOA's agenda for 2005. At
http://www.gunowners.org/survey.htm
we have constructed a Survey of Gun Rights Activists and Legislative Concerns. Though quite comprehensive, it only takes a few moments to complete, and of course your responses will remain confidential.

There is no doubt that 2004 was a stellar year for gun owners. The hated Clinton semi-auto ban died a well-deserved death while other gun control proposals in Congress went nowhere.

GOA was on the front lines during many high-profile gun rights battles last year. But, as a grassroots lobbying organization, GOA's power on Capitol Hill was backed up with the razor-sharp "teeth" of legions of gun owners like yourself responding to the call.

Your postcards, e-mails, and phone calls showed legislators that they had better toe the line or pay the price.

This is a long-term struggle. Those who would strip us of our rights aren't going away. They are coming back, year after year, working with their friends in the liberal media to see what they can "get" in every legislative session.

We're not going away, either. Nor are we satisfied with resting on the laurels of defensive victories. GOA is committed to moving forward with pro-gun legislation... the status quo isn't good enough. Lost ground must be retaken.

Your grassroots activism is the key.

One way you can help -- GOA member or not -- is to tell us how you feel our resources can best be allocated. What battles are the most important to fight THIS year?

Obviously, the more activists who take the time to get involved in a specific issue, the more pressure can be brought on lawmakers. Politicians pay attention to numbers, because those numbers represent votes. It makes sense, therefore, not to waste time on certain minor
proposals that do not enjoy popular support with the grassroots -- meaning you.

The gene pool needs chlorine.

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    This is slightly off subject, but the one thing that needs to be done is to find newer and better ways of raising money.

Money is power and therefore lack of money is lack of power. It has long appeared to me that the laws of human behavior dicate that we pro-gun, pro-citizen rights people just seem to naturally be on the side which has little money.

Think about it. Hollywood and most of their multi-million dollars stars, producers, etc. on against us.

Most of the electronic and print media with all their billions are against us.

The UN and many foreign governments are against us.

Most very wealthy people, if not against us, are not exactly for us. Reason being that with their riches they have no worry about having a shortage of rights.

Many (perhaps most if the truth were known) career polititans are against us because many politicians start to think they are close to being royalty and will always have superior rightws.

So about the only people left are us common folk and most of us are not wealthy.

We need to find painless and/or fun ways to raise money to fight for our rights. I have a few ideas, anybody else?

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    After re-reading my post it occurred to me that it looked like I was trying to hijack Pickenup's post. But that is not the case.

As a dues paying member of GOA, I trust Larry Pratt and his crew to make the right moves whether I give them my opinion or not.

I just want GOA and all pro-gun groups to start thinking about ways to raise more money. We need money behind us if we are to protect our rights.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I submitted my poll when the GOA mailed it to me a few weeks or months ago.

I like TR's idea of raising money. Anti-gunners like in Hollyweird are why I boycott the music and film industries.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dsmith,
    I know, that was the paper version, this is the email version. Just wondering, how many people did you pass the paper version along to?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you mean pass the paper version along to? Shouldn't we refer our friends to the web site? I didn't show my survey to anybody.

Is there some way I should be influncing people into the pro-gun mindset?