In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

50 CAL BAN IN ILLINOIS

egatimraegatimra Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
Just a heads up, Heard it on the news this morning. If I understood correctly the bill will be in comittee this week. Let your reps know that this doesn't solve any problem that the state is having.

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who didn't see that one coming?

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • jack85jack85 Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They had this big article about it in last Friday's Sun-Times. Basically, what "they" said was that 50 BMG is the preferential weapon for the terrorists, that it is capable of bringing down a commercial airliner from the distance of more then 2000 yards and that it is "evil looking" kind of firearm able to terrorize and horrify large groups of senior citizens, topple skyscrapers and destroy the ozone layer e.t.c.
    Damn it! I've never even thought about owning one of those 50's. Now, thanks to all these stinking politicians here in Cook County, I gotta buy it!!![:p]
    edited November -1
    You guys gotta see this;

http://www.bluegrassarmory.com/media.html

Scroll down and Click on "Videos".
  • Shadow83Shadow83 Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now THIS I gotta agree with you guys on.

If anyone wanted to bring down any aircraft it could be done just as effective with a .458 win mag or even a .300 mag with the proper bullet. If there is a will there is a way.

I have worked for almost 30 years in the defense industry and I can assure you that a .50 BMG is the least of our worries.

This reminds me of taking away the lil ole lady's nail clippers at the airport so she can safely board the plane, but let anyone take a N0.2 pencil on-board. Thank you Homeland Insecurity.[xx(]

I know a guy who flew from Miami Intl to LaGuardia with a 8 inch ceramic knife taped to his calf. He said that he just wanted to prove that it could be done easily. He didn't brag about it to media because he felt that he would have been sent to Guantanamo in a NY minute.

Shadow83
    I have great love for humanity, it's the people I can't stand.
  • dlonewolflldlonewolfll Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with jack85....I don't absolutely NEED one but the Autolite 50 cal. is next on my list!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I am kinda surprised...I expected the sell-outs to chime in here....all about how the price of 50's will go up..thereby justifing the ban....
    edited November -1
    Commandment 11;
    Thou shall not use inferior caliber.
    [:)]
    edited November -1
    Antigun zeal is always about perceived evils, never about proven ones.

Only a really lucky shot is going to bring down an in-flight aircraft.

Only a very well placed series of shots are going to take down a tank. I doubt there is a single person in this country that is that good....especially before the tank unloads its barrel on the shooter.

I have to admit, this is true chicken little BS. And these guns, just like machine guns have no documented evidence that they have caused any kind of problem, only that it might.

Homeland insecurity at its weakest, I think.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    I have to admit, this is true chicken little BS. And these guns, just like machine guns have no documented evidence that they have caused any kind of problem, only that it might. Have you ever seen the movie Thunderbolt and Lightfoot?

OK, I know, that was a 20mm. [;)]

Shadow83
  • Texas Gun RunnerTexas Gun Runner Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course, .50's are used all the time in crimes, right? I can just see someone lugging one into the local convenience store and saying, "Give me all the money!"[:D] Just like every other "gun control" law, this will only serve to take legal weapons out of the hands of legal citizens like you and me![:(!] Another brilliant idea by the ignorant geniuses in the legislature.

Rebellion to Tyrants is obedience to God--Thomas Jefferson
    The only way Governments can induce citizens to surrender their rights is convincing them that by doing so, they will gain a measure of safety in exchange.--Thomas Jefferson
    edited November -1
    quote:Have you ever seen the movie Thunderbolt and Lightfoot?

No, I haven't, but life doesn't always imitate art, you know.

A person would be better off using a flamethrower against a tank, and I sure as fooey wouldn't want to be the one doing so.

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    quote:Have you ever seen the movie Thunderbolt and Lightfoot?
    No, I haven't, but life doesn't always imitate art, you know.Yep, you guys sure DO gotta find a sense of humor somewhere. But I repeat myself.

Shadow83
    edited November -1
    Last I checked, this wasn't a joke forum.

But, now, are you telling me there is documented evidence that the .50BMG is a tank killer?

If it is, why aren't they employed throughout the world as anti-tank weaponry, rather than RPG's and LAW systems?

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    But, now, are you telling me there is documented evidence that the .50BMG is a tank killer?I see that JamesRK's training in spindoctor 101 is paying off. I am sure that somewhere, somehow in the vast history of war that some type of tank was somehow taken out with a .50BMB (and I really couldn't give a rat's patootie).HUMOR ALERT!! HUMOR ALERT!!! But I mentioned NOTHING about a "TANK" or "KILLER", YOU were the ONLY one to do that. First remove that stick from your butt, then develop a sense of humor and THEN rent the movie. And also reread me post, but this time veeeerrrry sllloooowwwwllllyy. You're as predictable as Pavlov's dogs.

And BTW, I agreed with the bill being ridiculous. DUH!!!

And EXCUUUUUUUSE MMMMMMEEEEEE for attempting to interject a lil levity into your serious life.

SHEESH!! As Bugs would say, "What a maroon". You DO know who Bugs is don't you?
    anibugs.gif

Shadow83